Forced to change our name

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
bjbfl9xmf6.jpg

bjbfl9xmf6.jpg

bjbfl9xmf6.jpg

bjbfl9xmf6.jpg

bjbfl9xmf6.jpg

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I don't think that's how it works. This forum is using the raptor name and making money at it. So technically Ford Corp. could be even bigger ******** than they've been so far and force change.

Funny, I've never heard of GM, Chrysler, Toyota, or any other auto maker going on these kind of witch hunts.

When the H2 became popular, Chrysler attempted to sue GM over the grill design, saying it was too similar to the Jeep design and infringed on its "trademark." Suit never went anywhere, but they were on equal playing fields.

I like the new looking logo though.

MrGreen33

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yepp...definitely douchery going on...but it is FORD. As many have stated FORD has had quite the history regarding the 'Protective Bubble' around its products. I remember way back when, when even Ferrari had to back down to FORD, regarding its newest sports car at the time, the Ferrari F150.

Following Ford lawsuit, Ferrari to drop F-150 name - YouTube

Nija edit:

P.S. The new RPG logo looks Awesome!!
Keep on' moving Forward!!

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
They would be dumb to try and change FRFs name. I couldn't imagine the retaliation.

Az Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford must be planing to put the raptor into full production.

I hope not.

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

same as F150forum etc, I don't think enthusiast websites would be a smart move for FORD to put out cease and desist notifications, it would do a lot more harm then good.

There was a website called ford-diesel.com
and they had to change their name to Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com It kind of ruined the site, because they started doing Chevy and Dodge stuff, too.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yepp...definitely douchery going on...but it is FORD. As many have stated FORD has had quite the history regarding the 'Protective Bubble' around its products. I remember way back when, when even Ferrari had to back down to FORD, regarding its newest sports car at the time, the Ferrari F150.

Once again people need to understand that in order for a company to maintain its trademarks it needs to protect them otherwise they can easily lose them. And then you could see a Ford competitor come out with a pickup truck or other vehicle they call the "Raptor."

Imagine you have a company called "My Company, Inc." and your company comes out with a revolutionary new smart phone and you call it and trademark it "Comet". And then a company offering accessories for your Comet phone calls itself, "Comet Products Group". You should be able to see the problem with that and the potential for confusion by consumers in the marketplace who could think that "Comet Products Group" is somehow either making/selling the phones or responsible for them.

Plus the government REQUIRES that "My Company, Inc." defend its trademarks and their use of them or your company could lose them.

So you have your lawyer send a cease-and-desist letter to "Comet Products Group" and they tell them they need to change their name because their use of your trademark ("Comet") is infringing it and if they don't you'll be forced to take legal action.

Then, "Comet Products Group" changes its name to CMG Products, and it's all good.

By the way, if you think that Ford is ridiculous for going after Ferrari's use of "F150" for a car name (while Ford's largest selling product is the F150) then you need more help than I can offer here. :Plugged:

Last edited:

rasco

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dan, Disney is going to sue you...
Magic Mountain Dan is most likely some custodian at Disney Land...
So please change your name before they get you.

If they get you, I got bail money.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dan, Disney is going to sue you...
Magic Mountain Dan is most likely some custodian at Disney Land...
So please change your name before they get you.

If they get you, I got bail money.

It's not Disney, it's...

SixFlagsMagicMountain_logo.jpg

But thanks Rasco, for your generous offer. Post your phone number here in case I have to take you up on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.