First week of Raptor Ownership

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thonda

Reaction score
On Day 3 -

Lost power with the following messages:

Parking Aid Malfunction
Antilock Brake Fault
Forward Collision Warning
Powertrain Malfunction/Reduced Power

I was still able to get home on reduced power and heavy steering wheel effort. This went away on day 4 and has not resurfaced

On Day 7-

Driving around and it sounded like there was a half fill water drum in my car.... Passenger carpet wet, popped the sill and found standing water...

She's in service now, hopefully it all gets resolved. On another note, Ford really needs to step up their games with the service departments, I wouldn't buy another Ford again on just the initial service experience alone.

OP
OP
Thonda

Thonda

Reaction score
This is a 2018, the electrical issues was before the water, however you might be right as it sat at the dealer for 3 months in inventory.

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Man that sucks. Sounds like someone at the dealership may have left the roof cracked and had water intrusion somewhere along the line. Could also lead to the electrical malfunctions you have. I would have a separate dealership do a full inspection of your truck.

I can agree with Ford Service. They need to step it up. I had a long talk with the service manager where I bought mine after I had my last recall fixed. I typically never bring my vehicles back for service since most dealerships suck. I never trust any of them regardless of the brand.

Good luck with you issues.

docskeet1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 18 was built in March. It lived @the dealer until November. I’ve had it for one month, 1,000 miles, zero issues. Everything works perfectly. It sounds like you have a bad truck.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think the service really depends on the dealer.

I went to my closest dealer and I would refuse to ever go back. Billy Howell in Atlanta.... HORRIBLE! They act like they are doing you a favor to change the oil while you sit in their crappy waiting area.

Went to another dealer not much further away and its similar to my old Lexus dealer as far as how they treat you, just not as posh. But Im very happy with the new Ford dealer I now go to. Ive had 3 more oil changes and a recall order done. They treated me like I owned the place!

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What happened after your had the recall work done? Assuming it was the seatbelt tensioner work?

First I go to pick my truck up and it looked like someone took it for a nice joy ride through the nearest mud pit (I am the only one that does that, lol). Second the interior smelled like an oil rag mixed with cigarette smoke (I can't stand the smell of smoke). Last after about an hour of driving I noticed a very annoying rattle coming from the pillars, they ended up not clipped something on the inside when they put everything back together. Needless to say that I never bring my truck to them for anything from here on out. What really got the management's attention is that my Raptor was the 6th vehicle I purchased from them in a 12 month period. I hope they have this fixed for the next guy since I won't be bringing my vehicles to them for service.

And yes it was the seatbelt tensioner, took them 2 days to fix this.

BajaLaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ this is why I’m scared to have that work done. Sorry you went through it. Still contemplating getting it done. Better than catching fire I guess.