First Oil Change & Tips/Tricks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Has anyone use an extractor… I have this one from griots I have used on all my other cars that have dipstick.

https://www.griotsgarage.com/produc...MIm7fM_dfA4AIVkiCtBh010wiXEAQYASABEgIETPD_BwE

MULTI-FLUID EXTRACTOR
ITEM# 10115
4.7 out of 5 stars. Read reviews.
Save loads of time without crawling under your car when changing your oil or other vital fluids with our handy Multi-Fluid Extractor.
Yes but finding the proper depth of the tube is essential. For some reason the raptor is tricky getting the oil out with an extractor. It can be done as I’ve done it successfully twice now. Take the dipstick out and measure it against the tube and mark it so you know how far to go in. It’s easy to go too far and get nothing but air.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

saym14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow! I have never heard of that. all the cars I have used one on the tub goes in a stops and then sucks oil. how can it go too far and there be no oil ?

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did my second oil change yesterday and installed a fumoto F107N. I couldn’t get the valve to be in the upright position, I tried threading it in at many different positions. As it sits it’s at a 45deg angle to upside down. I did leave the gasket on. Thoughts?

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is why they came out with SX series. As you can adjust the spout to any position you wish.

I did my second oil change yesterday and installed a fumoto F107N. I couldn’t get the valve to be in the upright position, I tried threading it in at many different positions. As it sits it’s at a 45deg angle to upside down. I did leave the gasket on. Thoughts?

Last edited:

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is why they came up with SX series. As you can adjust the spout to any position you wish.

Fumoto is sending me a few more gaskets, hopefully adding one more will get the valve to sit upright. They did say that the position of the valve won’t affect anything. Great customer service.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I like to have my valve pointing down in that I want gravity to help push out the oil as quickly as possible. If having the valve pointing down increases flow by 10% then I am all in for the SX series.

BTW ... I have the SX in 2 diff cars now and have one in route for my 2019. :)

Fumoto is sending me a few more gaskets, hopefully adding one more will get the valve to sit upright. They did say that the position of the valve won’t affect anything. Great customer service.

vazo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if they make an oil filter relocation kit for the gen 2's?

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk