first oil change break-in oil

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BKwizzy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ended up being lazy and doing my first @ 5K with full synthetic....dealer did not know much about the truck and rec. a blend reg/syn. I then asked for 100% full....after looking up to prove to me that it called for a blend they said they at a extra charge they could put in full syn....even though it was my first oil change and supposed to be free....$50.00 later they agreed to put in full...they said it was Mobile 1 but it had a different name...but made by Mobile 1. They ended up not charging me after another incident....this time with my fender paint check my other thread. fml

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keep your reciepts to prove you did it and mark in your owners manual, just helps you later if you have a oil related failure in the engine....

This ^^^

The key to performing your own maintenance is making sure that you keep up with your maintenance in a log with mileage and receipts. This covers you for warranty coverage.

I ended up being lazy and doing my first @ 5K with full synthetic....dealer did not know much about the truck and rec. a blend reg/syn. I then asked for 100% full....after looking up to prove to me that it called for a blend they said they at a extra charge they could put in full syn....even though it was my first oil change and supposed to be free....$50.00 later they agreed to put in full...they said it was Mobile 1 but it had a different name...but made by Mobile 1. They ended up not charging me after another incident....this time with my fender paint check my other thread. fml

They were going to charge you $50 over the regular free blend they wanted you to take? What brand did they put in it calling it Mobile 1? I am very interested in that because I have never heard of Mobile 1 rebranding their oil.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
HAHAHA--you guys are lightweights.... Tomorrow am picking up my $560 Amsoil order some is for the Raptor and a lot of the rest is for the new Jeep I got a couple of weeks ago.

Changing everythng in the Jeep to Amsoil stem to stern. Just something I do lol..... Jeep has been at Mikes Off Road here for a couple of days for 12k of mods. Getting it ready for the ranch in NM...

Yuuuup

Reaction score
First Time Changing My Raptors Oil. . .

. . .looking for ideas on how not to spill oil all over the skid-plates and everything else while performing the change. Should I drop all the skid-plates or just use the opening in the plate for the oil filter, etc..

I know about draining the oil from the oil pan first, then pulling the old oil fileter, and then going back to the oil pan drain. . .any other "tips" would be appreciated.

Thanks ahead of time for your help!

blockdoc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I changed mine this weekend without spilling a drop. Drain the pan first, and put the plug back in. Then remove the little window from the skid and place your catch pan under it. There is a channel that directs oil from the filter through the window. It's very easy to do neatly.

prowakeskater

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As promised, here is the report for my 2012 Raptor. Sample was taken at 1075 miles.

so does this mean the break in oil can go further than 1000 miles?

Steve at van bortel recommended I waited 5k miles, that the oil IS break-in oil and its designed to run for 5k miles before changing