first oil change break-in oil

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't run break in oil. But to each his own. I have a neighbor down the road that asks for my used diesel oil to run in his 86 Bronco, he says it even quiets his lifters.

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There is no break in oil its the same oil, however it does have crap in it from assembly. This is assembly lube it is expected to be in there for a given period of time and it helps things along the first few thousand miles. I would change the oil filter and let the rest go from 1000 to 5000 miles that gets the small metal particals get in the filter...

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just put in Amsoil 5w30. I can't believe how thin that oil is. I will be doing Amsoil 10w20 or 10w30 in the summer.

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What kind of oil are most people using for just every day driving?

Oil choice for the most part is mainly personal choice. Everyone has their favorite oil, many based on personal experience with the given brand. When wanting to make a choice, check reviews, but also review the different manufacturer information including technical data and the mileage interval recommended by the oil manufacturer, etc. The goal is to find the oil that provides the best solution for your maintenance goals. If you would like no obligation information about AMSOIL synthetic oil feel free to message me.

Just put in Amsoil 5w30. I can't believe how thin that oil is. I will be doing Amsoil 10w20 or 10w30 in the summer.

The key thing to keep in mind when looking at engine oil is that any 5w-30 or 10w-30 is going to be the same 30 weight viscosity when at normal operating temperature. The 5w 10w specifications means that they "act as" or take on the properties of a 5 or 10 weight oil at start up. 5w is more commonly used in northern colder climates. But changing to another 20 or 30 weight oil, the "look" of the oil will not change. To go with a "thicker" oil you would have to move up to a 40 o5 50 weight oil.

Night_Stalker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I over kill the oil change with every truck 4 wheeler and scooter that I have had.
The Raptor is no exception 1000 on first and every 5000 after that.