Oil differences... an observation.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
H

Hal993

Reaction score
Think the Pennzoil Ultra Platinum is better than the Motorcraft Full Synthetic?
I do not know. I am willing to pay extra because the Penzoil UP has a tremendous reputation among the wizards of the interweb... particularly in the fuzzy (to me) realm of low-speed detonation.

I may run a short OCI this cycle and send a sample to Blackstone - then run a 5k OCI and send another sample to see where it settles out on PuP.

Is PuP better than Motorcraft full syn? As I have already been kindly reminded of my knowledge limits in this thread, I don't posses the definitive knowledge to say.

Last edited:

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Had an oil change done on my wife's 2021 Cayenne GTS yesterday. Indie shop I've used before. Excellent place. It's half mile from the dealer. Dealer price: $550. Includes loaner. Indie price: $350. Keep the loaner.

OP
OP
H

Hal993

Reaction score
Had an oil change done on my wife's 2021 Cayenne GTS yesterday. Indie shop I've used before. Excellent place. It's half mile from the dealer. Dealer price: $550. Includes loaner. Indie price: $350. Keep the loaner.
Oh man, that P-car Tax makes the Raptor Tax feel like we all live in the county! hahahahaaa...

worth it though - 997.2 is on my long-term list. has been for years - just missed the pre-covid window.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter