Shop left my oil filler cap off - road tripped 2500 miles.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d be asking for the dealer to add a factory extended warranty on top of my money back for the change. At the very least.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Send the sample to Blackstone Laboratories. They've done a ton of Ford engine oil tests and if you include details about this specific situation they should be able to tell you what (if anything) wassucked in. https://www.blackstone-labs.com/about-us/
I couldn't help but chuckle that the Blackstone Labs I use is for workout supplements and beating PJ every day

One is definitely not like the other!

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
With labels like that you might as well do tren.
Yeah, my wife is always rolling her eyes, "no wonder they're always under investigation", though no bologna sandwiches over here.

I'm starting a new regimen that's actually through my VA medical professional so I'm detoxing from everything such as the above (and alcohol) for the next few weeks. We'll see how it goes!

But for real, their Dust-X preworkout is bonkers.

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, my wife is always rolling her eyes, "no wonder they're always under investigation", though no bologna sandwiches over here.

I'm starting a new regimen that's actually through my VA medical professional so I'm detoxing from everything such as the above (and alcohol) for the next few weeks. We'll see how it goes!

But for real, their Dust-X preworkout is bonkers.
Is the VA giving you TRT? DM me so we don't derail this thread completely.

OP
OP
O

OhMyJosh

Reaction score
I’ll be getting an oil sample sent to black stone. The manager of the NTB was very apologetic and gave me two free oil changes. I’ll be making sure the cap is on after each one, obviously. I checked the oil and it still looks good. Level is right on, and the color isn’t contaminated. But after these next two, I’m going back to DIY for sure.

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
I'm terrified of going to the dealership, after a major fiasco just having them do a tire swap with the spare tire. If they can't manage the simple task, I'm not going to trust them doing anything else right. Since then, I've done all my oil changes, coolant flush etc. and really enjoy doing them. Sad fact is you have to check everything they do when you have someone else do service on your vehicle to be on the safe side.