Finally decided to lift the Raptor! Need help deciding....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jgwoody

Reaction score
So I've always avoided been of the mindset, didn't wanna lift the raptor and alter the suspension since it's already got a great one (Fox). But now someone enlightened me that you can get a 4" suspension lift that retains all the factory fox stuff (albeit relocates them). So I've narrowed it down to 2 kits: the Fabtech K2186 (https://fabtechmotorsports.com/product/4-system-k2186) and the BDS 1511H (https://bds-suspension.com/product?kid=1511H). Both seem very similar, but I read somewhere (unable to verify) that BDS is actually owned by Fox. Anyway, both are about the same price, so independent of that, does anyeone have any experience with either of these. Also, I am on stock size KO2 (LT315/70R17) tires, so I wanna make sure that will work. The fabtech webpage says it wont work with stock tire rim....Is it because of backspacing? Each kit supports up to 37" so why wouldn't the stock tire work?

gotsboost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not? And I did the front perch mod. I'm fine with the front end, just wanted to go higher all around.
It takes away from everything the raptor is. Lift kits are trash and weaken everything about the suspension. You just don’t do it. I’m sure the boys will chime in soon. See my truck below. Glass and springs is the correct way to fit 37’s.

Attachments

• 98BFFC92-DBC5-4A19-8836-5E8028F125FF.jpeg
    98BFFC92-DBC5-4A19-8836-5E8028F125FF.jpeg
    159.9 KB · Views: 143

Stingray23

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It takes away from everything the raptor is. Lift kits are trash and weaken everything about the suspension. You just don’t do it. I’m sure the boys will chime in soon. See my truck below. Glass and springs is the correct way to fit 37’s.
Man, your truck looks good. What have you done to it to get that look?

OP
OP
J

jgwoody

Reaction score

Yeah I was always against lifting it, lose the "raptor" and now you just have a lifted F150. But if it uses all the existing fox stuff, and is specifically engineered to retain all the offroad ride quality/performace, I think thats a little different than a cheap kit that changes everything out. Maybe I'm looking at it wrong. I'm def open to changing my mind though

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There are plenty of examples of how a drop crossmember kit changes the trucks geometry.

One would be the steering knuckle. In order for the UCA to be in its normal range, the steering knuckle would need to be taller. A taller knuckle would be more prone to bending vs a shorter one, provided it is not reinforced to the point that it wouldn’t.

OP
OP
J

jgwoody

Reaction score
There are plenty of examples of how a drop crossmember kit changes the trucks geometry.

One would be the steering knuckle. In order for the UCA to be in its normal range, the steering knuckle would need to be taller. A taller knuckle would be more prone to bending vs a shorter one, provided it is not reinforced to the point that it wouldn’t.

Ah good point. Thanks for the input