Feedback on your R's -- what problems have you experienced thus far?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LayinWatts69

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just hit 5300 miles on mine. No leaks, no issues other than a few minor glitches with CarPlay and bluetooth but I can't say that's an "R" thing. The truck shifts and drives flawlessly, I use the exhaust settings on every drive and have never had an issue. I've also towed my 8700lb. boat with some airlift bags flawlessly. Not a single rattle either. I'm scared to take it to the dealer for the CSPs at this point.
View attachment 433403
You win the internet for today...sheesh. What a set up.

What wheels on the R? Method 305's?

BrothersInR

Reaction score
Yeah I’m scared to take to dealer also, if the inspect and find coolant leak at cups they gonna hold your truck hostage and pull the cab and motor !!! **** ford and CSP’s they recalls!!! Worse thing is they already knew and let us drive around risking our lives for this ******* R .. nothing but a bad experience from ford motor crap.

vr4henry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My auto rain sense wipers seem to have a mind of their own. Sometimes shadows trigger a wiper sweep. Anyone else?

Rated R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm rolling up to 9K miles and have had a few glitchy things going on with the screen, CarPlay etc. The R button hasn't worked a few times. I know it has a few recalls but I haven't taken it in as everything has been pretty good since I took delivery last February.

OP
OP
solsurfr

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My auto rain sense wipers seem to have a mind of their own. Sometimes shadows trigger a wiper sweep. Anyone else?
Not sure that is a R - thing as my MY17 also ghost wiper sweep. Sometimes due to dust, I think. It happens more over the summer.

robl3577

Reaction score
Just hit 5300 miles on mine. No leaks, no issues other than a few minor glitches with CarPlay and bluetooth but I can't say that's an "R" thing. The truck shifts and drives flawlessly, I use the exhaust settings on every drive and have never had an issue. I've also towed my 8700lb. boat with some airlift bags flawlessly. Not a single rattle either. I'm scared to take it to the dealer for the CSPs at this point.
What airbag setup are you running?