Fallon NV with @The Car Stereo Company

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thanks for the pictures @John M BUNMAN wish you would have been back to camp for the fireworks

unfortunately as john has said, the trip out was not without a serious loss and several issues. on the way out my transmission on my truck decided to crap out about 35 min from slc. we had to wait 7 hours for a tow truck. as we were loading stuff from my truck into tirinas truck at 3am, our dogs dop ey (cant believe its censored) and tiana got out. before we could call them back dop eygot hit by an 18 wheeler. my only good take on this, is that it was instant and he never saw it coming nor did he feel any pain. it was very sad for us. i got dop ey when he was 8 months old back in 2015. we decided to continue on thinking it would be best to spend time with friends and family rather than turn around and mope around the house. so after getting the truck and trailer finally loaded up we left slc around 6:30am. got to winnemucca nv where the extra weight destroyed a wheel bearing on the trailer. once again stuck on the side of the road for 5 hours until paul (previous owner of forged offroad) was able to get off work and come to our rescue. unfortunately everything needed to fix the trailer was in my truck and it was back in slc ..... after a wheel bearing replacement we were on our way again. dropped off tirina and our friend annie at the motel in fallon but because we just loaded everything in the bed and on the trailer, nothing was secure so i decided to head towards camp and sleep in the truck where i know our belongings were safe. well due to the excessive rain and snow this past winter, the main road was flooded and of course i get stuck in the mud. the trailer hitch drug into the mud and got stuck and then the tires just dug a hole as the water was washing away the ground where the tires were. so here i am at 2:30am stuck in the mud. called for a tow and after 3 hours didnt hear a response so i called back and inquired what was going on. 2 tow truck companies denied the request. they didnt want to come. the third company was a few hours out still. once again paul came to the rescue. he is part of a recovery group and had a guy in fallon. so around 8am he was able to come out and recover me. i had unloaded everything in the truck and on the trailer while waiting for a tow so after i got unstuck i had to spend about 2.5 hours reloading all our stuff. this time more secure. picked up tirina and annie from the motel and we trudged on. we found in the daylight that the entire valley floor was flooded so we explored a back way into our normal camp site. we happened to stumble on thie place that john posted and was a perfect spot so we set up there. after all the unfortunate events, it was really good to see my daughter and sister and her family, as well as all my friends who showed up. i spent a couple hours wiring up the fireworks where i was remeniscing about *****. my 110lb lap dog. first time i was able to be emotional about him. too many things happened to allow me the time to mourn for him. i miss him dearly, as well as my family misses him too. its not the same with him gone. but we have to keep moving forward. he was a great dog and will always be remembered. after we finally got to camp, everything was better. minus the issue with the white quad. i almost got 10 gallons of tannerite to blow it up, however my friend got it going again. too much frustration up to that point i just didnt care anymore, but he found the issue and we were able to enjoy the rest of the weekend. here are a cIMG_20230426_125307.jpgIMG_20230426_125311.jpgIMG_20230426_125314.jpgIMG_20230426_125328.jpgouple of pics. we didnt take any, didnt even think about it really, so im glad john was able to post a few