Exhaust Rattle leads to replacing a turbo????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Panduh

Reaction score
so now the rattle Is gone as soon as I get it to the dealership. ********. Now I need to reschedule when it comes back.

bdawg22

Reaction score
2019 SCREW with EXACT same issue! Dealer has isolated rattle to rear passenger exhaust but can get Ford to address. Any suggestions?

Speeddeacon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same issue here. My dealer told me it was something loose in the muffler, but not in warranty because I'm outside the bumper to bumper. Now I'm trying to decide which aftermarket exhaust to go with.

Here is my noise (phone just laying on the ground under the truck, not pointing toward the muffler though).

Speeddeacon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same issue here, a metallic rattle coming from the passenger rear area at 900-1200 RPM once it has warmed up. My dealer told me it was something loose in the muffler, but not in warranty because I'm outside the bumper to bumper. Now I'm trying to decide which aftermarket exhaust to go with.

Here is my noise (phone just laying on the ground under the truck, not pointing toward the muffler though).

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I still have a high pitched buzzing noise. I know for a fact that its something to do with my corsa x. I need to get up in there and find some rubber padding to pay in between the exhaust and the frame.

scottbreaux

Reaction score
All, just want to say thank you for the awesome comments and videos here in this old thread. At idle and low rpm’s I isolated the same dang rattle to the muffler (hit exhaust system while running with a rubber mallet and hitting the muffler was the only spot that disrupted the rattle). Borla S-Type with resonator otw.