Electrical/No crank problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did you even read the thread Chris? The guy already replaced the battery. He seems very knowledgeable and figured it out and posted the solution.

Why are you being an *******? I know you feel this place sucks but do you really need to be posting shit like this, lighten up dude.

who was he talking to I thought it was me because he didn't quote anyone :specialed:

ScottRaptor

Reaction score
[solved]

I'm happy to report I didnt give up and got i solved! I was too bothered to admit defeat.

After retracing power with meter and test light, I knew for a fact the problem laid with the start relay/terminal.

Here's the crazy part. Besides the battery, the start relay was my biggest suspect and i bought 2 replacement relays. 2! It turns out both of them were faulty when purchased. So the whole time I thought it wasnt the relay because what is the chance that both new relays I bought were faulty!!

After watching these vids (thanks btw) I figured what the hell. Though, the terminal connectors were fine and were not pushed out, I decided to use the jumper wire for poops and giggles. As soon as the jumper was placed I heard power connect to other modules and relays. "NO WAY"

Sure enough. It starts. No more faults.

BOTH RELAYS I BOUGHT WERE BAD! Took em back, got one this time. Put it in and all is well in life. Wow... All this headache for nothing. I'm so glad I didn't send it to the dealer....

Thanks for the input.

So I found this thread via search (Yay me!) because I'm having a similar issue (starter system fault) and have checked fuses, wires, etc and haven't found anything obvious. I even tried my second pair of keys thinking it might be an anti-theft issue. Hopefully I just have a relay issue like you did...however I can still start the truck if I put a jumper on the battery. Would a relay issue allow me to still jump the truck at the battery? Battery is only a year old and is showing appropriate voltage.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I found this thread via search (Yay me!) because I'm having a similar issue (starter system fault) and have checked fuses, wires, etc and haven't found anything obvious. I even tried my second pair of keys thinking it might be an anti-theft issue. Hopefully I just have a relay issue like you did...however I can still start the truck if I put a jumper on the battery. Would a relay issue allow me to still jump the truck at the battery? Battery is only a year old and is showing appropriate voltage.

The “Starting System Fault” message indicates a concern with the Passive Anti-Theft System (PATS). Either the BCM is not recognizing the PCM ID, or the BCM is not recognizing the ignition key. Do you have ForScan to pull DTCs?

ScottRaptor

Reaction score
I went ahead and tried a reset and all DTC’s were cleared except the IPC error code about a Circuit Open. B1A82 - External Trip Switch. It comes back each time while all the others are clear.