Electrical/No crank problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The answer begins with flat plates made of 99% pure lead – not lead alloy

Virtually Maintenance Free:
No need to add water, ever! Drycell design with resealable venting system.

Improved Safety:
US Department of Transportation classified as a ‘non-spillable’ battery. No acid spills, no escaping gases.

Better Warranty:
Up to 4-year limited full replacement warranty — not pro rata.

Last edited:

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
these trucks take a lot of power just sitting off. so if you don't plan to use it every week get a tender

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The answer begins with flat plates made of 99% pure lead – not lead alloy

Virtually Maintenance Free:
No need to add water, ever! Drycell design with resealable venting system.

Improved Safety:
US Department of Transportation classified as a ‘non-spillable’ battery. No acid spills, no escaping gases.

Better Warranty:
Up to 4-year limited full replacement warranty — not pro rata.

Keep justifying your purchase. And pressuring people to spend money.

Yes, batteries are made from lead. That's pretty standard.

It better have a better warranty, since it costs 50% more than store brand AGM, and is a pain in the ass to get replaced if needed.

All modern vehicle batteries are maintenance free. Any AGM is spill proof.

If you have an Odyssey go on you under warranty in Moab your buying a new battery, or waiting 2-5 days to have one shipped, because the closest retailer is grand junction or salt lake. If you had bought an oreilly or advanced brand you would have a replacement and be back out on the desert. Same thing in MOST rural locations/places people who actually drive their raptors. There is a chain parts store in just about every podunk town in America.

Just because it was right for you doesn't mean it is right for everyone. For 90% of forum members it does not make good sense.

And as far as your anecdote, I have never had a battery go bad in less than 5 years unless I flat out neglected it, from the cheapest bottom shelf piece of crap, through optima, interstate and odyssey.

Or here is an idea, buy the top of the line store brand AGM, a REALLY nice set of jumper cables and a couple of 12 packs. Then you can help strangers when they need it, and if your battery does fail, like every brand does at some point you have an out. And you get some beer.

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just because you bought into the marketing hype and spent way more than the average person is going to on a battery doesn't mean everyone else needs to.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What marketing hype??? Stop with your nonsense.

I used to buy only the Sears Gold batteries but they stopped making the 900 cca Gold.
Odessey is the next best thing.

The 775 cca Sears Gold is $219.99 (tax not included) with core exchange. Shipping is not available.

I paid $247.95 with tax on sale with FRF discount from 4Wheelparts with free shipping. And no core exchange!!!

You're not going to find any 900+ cca for under $200 anywhere.

You certainly can buy cheaper batteries if that makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside.

Last edited:

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
And what does that 900 CCA get you exactly? Are you running a massive winch? Are you running a 2000W plus stereo? Do you have 200+ amps of LED on your truck? Spending less sure as hell does make me feel warm and fuzzy. Because I can put that money towards paying off my truck, or towards a vacation... for that matter you would get a lot more out of a lap dance than a 900cca battery you don't need.

I can walk into my local napa and buy an 850 CCA battery off the shelf for $130, and get it warrantied just about anywhere. Guess what's special order there? The 900CCA Odyssey. And OBTW their AGM glassmat battery which is a rebranded INTERSTATE is $75 less than you paid, on sale, with a discount than the standard out the door price. If I wave my VA ID card I get another $17.50 off the battery.

I am not knocking odyssey, they are a great company and the batteries are fine. That doesn't justify spending DOUBLE on a battery that most people don't need.

How can you justify implying that people are lesser for buying a standard, store brand, easy to replace battery? 99% of users will NEVER see a difference for their $75-100 investment.

Don't settle for anything less, this is the best you can get. Plenty of threads and posts on this forum.
A little pricey but you get what you pay for. And made in the USA
And the only battery you'll find that does 950 cold cranking amps

View attachment 165087

It's completely asinine. DONT SETTLE FOR LESS THAN THE MOST EXPENSIVE BATTERY ON THE MARKET OR YOUR A *******.

Get over yourself, welcome to ignore, I cannot stand elitist self important know it all's who don't have a ******* clue. It is every single post you make, you claim to be an expert in one thread and then admit to knowing nothing about it in another. You are the poison that has made internet forums a mix of misinformation and consumerist nonsense.

The only reason I didn't put you on ignore sooner is I was perfectly content to correct all the crap you spew all over this forum, to hopefully save other members from getting lost in your trash. At this point its just not worth the anxiety. I would rather spend my time helping people than dealing with your elitist ********.

Last edited:

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You sure are full of yourself aren't you.

Where in any of my comments do I state or imply the nonsense you are posting that I am saying???
And you talk about me??? Look into the mirror my friend!!!

You haven't corrected me anywhere on this forum.
Have I made some mistakes, yes, I'm not perfect and I'm certainly not an expert like you think you are.
And I have no problems admitting that I was wrong.

I'm not even going to foul mouth you, I don't need to go that route.
You shine all by yourself with your ridiculous rederick posts.
Keep pounding that keyboard with your rederick, I always love to laugh.
I'm sure others are laughing too at the shit show you turned this thread into with your redericks.

If you had a clue and actually did some research you would find out what the differences are between batteries.
There is more to it than just having a high cca.
The Raptor loves to eat up batteries, which is quite evident from all the posts on this forum dating back to 2010.
Then add lights, winch, stereo and accessories or even let it sit without starting for more than three to four weeks.
Unfortunately the Gen 1 doesn't have a sleep mode like the Gen 2.
So letting a Gen 1 sit for weeks at a time will quickly compromise the integrity of a battery.
This is where the Odessey shines, it has both deep cycling capability and massive starting power.
Where as with others you have to choice between the two.
But you would know this already with your vast knowledge of everything.
You should understand the need for a good battery and not just one that will work for less money.

Or are just going to stick to "I know everything and you're stupid" mentality.

Oh and BTW your NAPA battery for $139.99 isn't even a AGM
I'll just leave it at that, I was going to say something nasty but I didn't want to stoop down to your level.
Do some research before posting!!!!

You have a wonderful day, OK :)

Last edited: