DSC Sport Plug-N-Play Active Suspension Controller - Fox Live Valve

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
DSC Sport

DSC Sport

Reaction score
Just on your site. Black Friday sale 20% off shocks, but nothing on the controllers? How come?
We are trying to get rid of some older inventory we've had on hand here moving into the new year. However with our controllers, we have been faced with numerous cost increases this year already and the micro chip shortage has been taking its toll on our production time. In the past few months we have already had to increase our prices across the board, while still having to take on some of the addition cost ourselves. As of right now, we already have large back order lists for some products that won't be able to be fulfilled until January.

HOLLYWOOD 1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We are trying to get rid of some older inventory we've had on hand here moving into the new year. However with our controllers, we have been faced with numerous cost increases this year already and the micro chip shortage has been taking its toll on our production time. In the past few months we have already had to increase our prices across the board, while still having to take on some of the addition cost ourselves. As of right now, we already have large back order lists for some products that won't be able to be fulfilled until January.
Well, that's an answer. Not exactly the one I was wanting to hear, but an answer, thanks.

Brenford2005

Reaction score
Well i got mine in last night and its definately a big difference! i would say this its such a difference that it probably should be done before doing rear springs . it tightened up the suspension so much all the wishy washyness is gone . in my mind Deaver springs would only be needed if towing or heavier loads in the box.

it was -2 Celcius last night and almost felt the normal drive mode was a little stiff for around town (especially in the rear) so i might lighten up that a little as sport and tow mode get a little more firm of course.

not sure how much colder weather affects the shocks

its not a mind blowing change but it makes the truck the way it should be on road; i wont get any offroad feedback until spring now as we have snow here now .

all stock springs with leveling kit and 4" block in rear

OP
OP
DSC Sport

DSC Sport

Reaction score
is it true the live valve only affects the compression side of things?
Yes and No. The valve only technically controls the compression side of things. But it has such a large impact, it also effects rebound. The changes can be seen here with the shock dyno of both the front and rear shocks. While the changes on the rebound side aren't nearly as large, it still is able to be altered with current changes to the shock

front vs rear min max-2.png

OP
OP
DSC Sport

DSC Sport

Reaction score
Well i got mine in last night and its definately a big difference! i would say this its such a difference that it probably should be done before doing rear springs . it tightened up the suspension so much all the wishy washyness is gone . in my mind Deaver springs would only be needed if towing or heavier loads in the box.

it was -2 Celcius last night and almost felt the normal drive mode was a little stiff for around town (especially in the rear) so i might lighten up that a little as sport and tow mode get a little more firm of course.

not sure how much colder weather affects the shocks

its not a mind blowing change but it makes the truck the way it should be on road; i wont get any offroad feedback until spring now as we have snow here now .

all stock springs with leveling kit and 4" block in rear
Im glad you were able to get it quickly and already have it on the truck. I love hearing the immediate first impressions. I cant wait to hear more once you're able to get some miles on the setup and really put the truck through its paces

PlaynCA

Reaction score
Update- I put the truck on leveling pads in the garage and performed a zero’d ride height with the DSC, it is a single button push. It seemed to make the ride even better than I mentioned in post 54.
Trailering…wow. I went to the desert (Ocotillo Wells) this week pulling trailer with buggy and quad (about 6,000 lb). On the twisty mountain roads of hwy79, the rig was extremely composed around the corners and smooth over the rolling bumps and chop. It was smooth as butter traveling across open desert at about 25mph to arrive at our camp site. Big picture, does great on street and the improvement is even more pronounced while towing. Expect to get some off roading time in the truck without trailer in Dec.
Suspension mods- collars on front, no sway, +3 Deavers out back, SVC bumps, DSC sport.
3CDB1768-A8D1-4830-9DFD-51ED89D2157C.jpeg

Last edited:

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
looks like it controls the fluid flow to the reservoir/piston/nitrogen side, so both rebound and compression could be adjusted by the livevalve.. tighter livevalve uses the shim stack vs letting fluid flow ..

Attachments

• 2019-ford-raptor-fox-live-valve-rear.jpg
    2019-ford-raptor-fox-live-valve-rear.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 33

PlaynCA

Reaction score
looks like it controls the fluid flow to the reservoir/piston/nitrogen side, so both rebound and compression could be adjusted by the livevalve.. tighter livevalve uses the shim stack vs letting fluid flow ..
I’ve yet to disassemble the live valve shock, but have had the race series shocks disassembled on my buggy many times to revalve the shim stacks. My understanding based on the experience with my other FOX shocks: As the shock is compressed, the rod enters the shock displacing oil volume, the live valve controls the rate of flow of the displaced oil into / out of the reservoir…so even if you had no shims on the piston valve, the live valve would still be doing it’s thing.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’ve yet to disassemble the live valve shock, but have had the race series shocks disassembled on my buggy many times to revalve the shim stacks. My understanding based on the experience with my other FOX shocks: As the shock is compressed, the rod enters the shock displacing oil volume, the live valve controls the rate of flow of the displaced oil into / out of the reservoir…so even if you had no shims on the piston valve, the live valve would still be doing it’s thing.
i concur.. im going to change the oil on some live valve shocks pretty soon, but thats what it looks like to me..