DSC Sport Plug-N-Play Active Suspension Controller - Fox Live Valve

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
DSC Sport

DSC Sport

Reaction score
What rate does the controller analyze the CAN data at and what rate does the controller make adjustments to the shocks while driving?

The controller operates on the High Speed CAN of the vehicle which is standardized at 500hz for passenger cars. And we have configured our controller to send commands at the same speed. We are able to operate faster than that but we found matching the sending and receiving speed is the best option

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That makes sense, thank you, just what I wanted to know. So the DSC and E-CLIK both send data to the shocks at 500Hz, Gen 3 at 300Hz, and stock Gen 2 at 30Hz, as far as I know.

PlaynCA

Reaction score
Another interesting data point for a DSC equipped Raptor. I was looking at my truck this morning as I headed out and thought the tires looked odd. It occurred to me that I forgot to air down the tires after my trip pulling the trailer to the desert and back in November. Considering it is driven daily, and my son and I didn’t notice tires at 44 psi rather than the usual 34, I’m impressed. 44 psi used to suck when empty with the stock controller. I’m excited about the upcoming holiday, plan for more dirt time.

grleon65

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi @DSC Sport,

So, the technology looks great and I watched a handful of Porsche / other high end car videos this weekend (yours and independents). I've been looking at the SDI option and all of their videos with Keep it Dirty dude - you really gotta get more videos out there. Sorry, but no offense, but 30 seconds of S turns in the dirt don't do it for me.

Anyway, I'm 10 days away from getting Deavers & bumps from SVC on the truck and purposely stayed away from 3.0's as the price tag doesn't work with my pocket book at this point. I like the shock controller option from DSC & SDI and would lean towards a 5 minute install.

grleon

OP
OP
DSC Sport

DSC Sport

Reaction score
Hi @DSC Sport,

So, the technology looks great and I watched a handful of Porsche / other high end car videos this weekend (yours and independents). I've been looking at the SDI option and all of their videos with Keep it Dirty dude - you really gotta get more videos out there. Sorry, but no offense, but 30 seconds of S turns in the dirt don't do it for me.

Anyway, I'm 10 days away from getting Deavers & bumps from SVC on the truck and purposely stayed away from 3.0's as the price tag doesn't work with my pocket book at this point. I like the shock controller option from DSC & SDI and would lean towards a 5 minute install.

grleon
No offense taken. We are working to get new videos out. We just don't have a local place to do off-road testing. So for any off-road videos, they have taken place at the Rally Ranch in Texas. But we are working to get back out there and do some more videos on the trucks

grleon65

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No offense taken. We are working to get new videos out. We just don't have a local place to do off-road testing. So for any off-road videos, they have taken place at the Rally Ranch in Texas. But we are working to get back out there and do some more videos on the trucks
Ok, I'll try to be patient! It would be nice to see similar videos like your competition of before / after installation. Whoops, chop, etc so we can see it in action.

TX RNmedic

Reaction score
To DSC Sport,

I ordered the DSC module yesterday and have a question about the hellwig rear swaybar. Would the bar be a redundant addition to the module, or does the module provide the same advantages? I do not tow, nor off-road heavily, and feel the module may be an even better option than adding hard parts to my truck. Or, do you think the combo would be beneficial?

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
To DSC Sport,

I ordered the DSC module yesterday and have a question about the hellwig rear swaybar. Would the bar be a redundant addition to the module, or does the module provide the same advantages? I do not tow, nor off-road heavily, and feel the module may be an even better option than adding hard parts to my truck. Or, do you think the combo would be beneficial?
Sway bars are typically used as a last step suspension tuning tool to tune front/rear chassis balance. If you’re looking for a mostly asphalt street truck, the rear bar will decrease understeer, reduce body roll, and likely complement the DSC controller (I haven’t used one yet).

With that said, it seems like the DSC Sport software has pretty large tuneability potential and will probably make a significantly bigger difference in ride control than a rear bar. I think the live valves mostly control the compression side of things though. Without having precise control over rebound damping, a rear bar would be a nice addition to get the rear of the truck to rotate better, and feel more planted as well.