Dream build??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2013whipple

Reaction score
Ok gents. Most of you have talked me out of doing the Whipple SC. Which means I have an extra $9k to spend on other mods. I already have an A.D.D. stealth front bumper ordered with a 40" and 20". What other mods should I do? I am thinking at least a stage 3 from RPG. What else? Wheels/tires? Rear bumper? Bed cage? Tiregate? I will be beating the crap out of my ride and using her the way she is suppose to be used. Fiberglass fenders? Help me out!!

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
I am really impressed with the stage 4+ from RPG. (Fox 3.0 all 4 corners) worth the money IMO. Upgrade your fenders. Method double standards, new tires. Ducati retrofit lights.

Macman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok gents. Most of you have talked me out of doing the Whipple SC. Which means I have an extra $9k to spend on other mods. I already have an A.D.D. stealth front bumper ordered with a 40" and 20". What other mods should I do? I am thinking at least a stage 3 from RPG. What else? Wheels/tires? Rear bumper? Bed cage? Tiregate? I will be beating the crap out of my ride and using her the way she is suppose to be used. Fiberglass fenders? Help me out!!

Personally I would do stage 3 or 4 even for that budget. Aside from that a good set of method double standards. I would only do Fiberglass fenders if I was moving up to 37" tires though. Its really all personal preference, but I don't think you can go wrong with stage 3 or 4.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
Personally I would do stage 3 or 4 even for that budget. Aside from that a good set of method double standards. I would only do Fiberglass fenders if I was moving up to 37" tires though. Its really all personal preference, but I don't think you can go wrong with stage 3 or 4.

I have some pretty good rub marks on the top of my fenders with 35s.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
RPG stage 3 is a no brainer, get the 4 + if you have money left over. 37's would be good, but you will need new fenders too.

Add s tuner and CAI and see where your at.

Joe

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would say check out the vendors..

Definitely some sort of bump stop/frame protection.

Shocks.. All I will say about this subject is depends on driving..
Short course, dunes, or mud.. Fox stock or fox 3.0
Long distance/high speed (like Raptor Expeditions) ... King or ICON 3.0

Wheels.. There are great selections just makes sure offset are between +34mm-0mm offset (anything greater alignment, wheel bearing, tires issues)

Tires depends on your Raptors natural habitat...
Snow belt - Goodyear Duratracs
Desert - General Grabbers
Mud- Toyo or MTR

If you have any questions, just ask..

-Greg

OP
OP

2013whipple

Reaction score
All great info! I do not want my tirse sticking out beyond my fenders at all. I was constantly being harassed and paying tickets because my lifted duramax had 22x14 wheels on it. MN laws suck for bumper height, tint, and tires beyond fenders.

Is there any advantage at all to going with 37's and fiberglass? I plan on at least one Raptor Expedition a year and some trips to Little Sahara and Silver Lake Sand Dunes. I will only be using forum vendors for my build except for the install portion as none are in my area.

Bryson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Outlaw Raptor UCA's
Outlaw Raptor Tie Rods
Outlaw Raptor Bump Stop Kit
KOOKS Headers
CAI and Tune

appx $6800

Kenny C.

Reaction score
It's interesting that a production rig designed to run in the desert needs a suspension upgrade but it is what it is (you don’t want the “bent frame issue” to come into play). If you’re going to be beating your rig up pretty hard, better go with the upgrade. I would get the tune for sure but if you want a better sound then the CAI and exhaust would be good as well but performance wise, I’m not sure how big of a difference those two mods will make. I think they are mostly for show and not so much for go, at least where price to performance increase ratio is concerned.

Wheels and tires are a personal choice and opinions very widely. Lots of guys are running Methods and they look pretty good but your rig will look a lot like every other Raptor running them unless you do something different with the finish.

It’s all about what you want and what you like because it’s you’re Raptor, I sometimes have a hard time understanding the mentality of people when I read threads like this, it’s YOU’RE ride man, who cares what everybody else has to say about it???

Good luck...

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So whats the main reason you got talked out of the Whipple? Looks pretty sweet to me. Not going to lie, Id love to have one. Id just hate to have any problems with it. Itd make you wish you never did it.