Dreaded Dash Rattle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just opened it all the way out put slight pressure on it and put it back.

how ever it got cold like - temps and it came back in a different spot. I'm thinking it might be the wipers but didn't test the theory yet (by getting out and flipping them up off the window). but when I turned them on it seemed to quit. Do you have om wipers?

wanderfalk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have any squeaks or rattles but once in a while while I'm driving there's a loud crack, sorta like taking a rock to the windshield or something but my windshield and front end is chip free. Only got 2,500 on mine. It's kinda weird.

yes had that one too. loud enough that i got out and checked the windshield to see if it had cracked. checked for chips none. a real snapping sound. i do not think it was the water bottles cracking like that do under temp. changes.

krww06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have this super annoying rattle that sounds like it's coming from behind my gauge cluster. When I go over small bumps it sounds like marbles rolling around in a soup can. I have tried to pin point it but I cannot. Any thoughts? The best solution I have found it tuning to Liquid Metal and maxing out the volume :(.

Were you ever able to come up with a solution to this? My '11 SuperCab started doing this about a month ago, and it's driving me insane.

cgibs89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bumping this.

I have gotten the rolling/rattling sound from somewhere. I think I hear it coming from the passenger door but when my girlfriend is sitting in the passenger seat, she says it sounds like it's coming from the driver door. So it must be in the middle of the dash. It sounds like a rock is rolling around, hits a plastic piece and just keeps bouncing around on turns, starts, and stops. It's driving me absolutely insane. I'm going to see if I can take everything out of my truck so it's just me, my keys, and the truck and see if I can narrow it down.

Perauto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is interesting ,I have owned 3 Raptors ,two 13s and now a 14 with 3800 miles with the Cold dash rattle.
This just happened as it got cold out ,like under 40 degrees. It sounds like a big thunk but only over decent bumps and no noise on highway. My truck has never been off road or jumped. The noise is driving me crazy!
Both 13s were fine and no dash rattle but my first 13 has the noise from passenger door plunger for the lock,took it apart and lubed it and no rattle after that.

Any ideas for dash noise? I am glad its not just my truck!!! I was so pissed I was ready to trade it on a Black 14 Raptor ,

trugrit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Death Squeak

I assume no one has found out where the "Styrofoam ice chest" squeak is coming from? It has finally got cold here and the beast has returned! It is one of the very few things about my truck that drive me nuts (the other is when the remote start doesn't work and the truck just honks at me). I'm hoping that someone has finally narrowed down where the noise is coming from and how to fix it.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Check your glove box (drive with it open) if it stops that's where it is. If you have ever had it out to do the work g thing you have to tween the this g that keeps it fro. Open ing to fare.

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

PS the other was my wipers