Dreaded Dash Rattle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toadman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone find where the damn squirrel is hiding behind the glove box yet?

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score

no but mine is intermittent. i can't figure out what type of condition makes the noise go away but i am thinking it has something to do with the outside temp or what mode the climate control is in.

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I get a subtle rattle in what sounds like is the joint between dash and firewall... but ONLY if it's 45-degrees or colder outside!

iHaveGas

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok I had a squeaking coming from my dash where the gauges are. The dealer had no clue what it was even when I pointed out what it was. So I fixed it myself with a folded up post-it. Yes a post-it. You can see where I'm pointing in the below picture there is a rubber nub that presses up against the clear plastic that is over the gauges. I folded up the post-it small enough to not be seen but large enough to not get lost back there. The squeaking stopped. After a year or so I removed the post-it and it is no longer needed. Hope this helps some of you.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 51

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
thanks' to this thread I now have the rattle but it is only at certain temps not to cold or it go's away or after it warms up. now that I think of it it started after I took the cubby hole lid off so I'll have to check it out. my suggestion is not to remove it if it's cold outside.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i must be lucky, i dont have any rattles. i will be taking brapppp's truck apart this week and will report back what i find as to the cause of his door rattle.

ITSALLGOOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here we go again!

Not only does my IWE system sound like my front axles are sheering off while engaged in 4 wheel drive but I also now have the" lost styrofoam ice chest " squeak noise coming from the center of the dash near the windshield . Temp was about 15 degrees last night when I noticed it . Anyone have a clue to a fix yet ???:Insane:

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
over the last week, mine has developed what sounds like a Styrofoam ice chest lid squeak coming from somewhere behind the glove box.
The weather here has been warm for the past week, so it.s not the cold squeak everyone is talking about. It seems to be getting louder, and is driving me nuts. Is there an ice box hidden in our dash???? I didn't order that option.

Man i got the same sound, from day one, comes and goes, and i can not for the life of me figure out were its coming from.
Now I dont feel nuts, like the wife keeps saying.