Do I need to add air to my tires to make this go away?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raptor556

Reaction score
When it gets this cold and the truck sits outside I always check the pressure when cold to see how much air I need to add. It’s always good to check the spare too if you don’t rotate it out with the rest of the tires to make sure it’s good. No one likes to be stranded and the spare is low too.
That is why buying at least a cheap air compressor to keep in all of your vehicles is a must. you can get one for as little as $33 bucks on amazon. My viair was considerably more, but all vehicles don't need that.

First two purchases for any vehicle

1. Air compressor
2. battery jumper pack ( 110 bucks or so)

Because getting stuck anywhere sucks ass. These are the types of things that you might use once a decade, and in that moment they pay for themselves with dividends.

Winchester30

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Raptor Assault Gen2 recommendation was 32/28 for best on/off road combo.
I prefer 34/32.

1650889141428.jpeg

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
The factory 38/38 has resulted in a lot of us ending up with the center of the tires significantly more worn than the edges, at least on the stock KO2’s. There have been several posts on this, and the unusual wear pattern on the inside front tires - every other cleat inside is worn down.

I found that my wear evened out more as I got closer to 35F - 33-34R.
My observation, and I do agree with the R/A guys, the compliance is a lot better at their recommended pressure, but you’re going to lose a little tire life sacrificed at the altar of traction and off road performance.

raptor556

Reaction score
chalk test.

or just pick one of the 30 suggestions on here and go on with life doing more important things

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
noticed the same thing. OEM KO2's worn out in the middle too much at the recommended 38 psi (cold) about 36 (cold) seemed about right and wasn't too spongie. I didnt like the feel when I dropped them to 32-33 (cold temp) while trying to get the tread wear evened out, sp I said forget it. too soft for my taste put them back to 36