Do I need to add air to my tires to make this go away?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caleb Sousley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s very cold where I’m located today and this hasn’t happened to me yet. Do I need to add air to my tires? Another question, what does everyone run as far as PSI goes for street driving ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 22

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's been my experience that TPMS warnings will trigger at 30psi and will not go away until the tire is reinflated to 35psi.

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I run my tires at 32. The light will go off from time to time but as long as it has atleast 30psi I don't add any air. If its cold they will read low but will gain psi once they start warming up when driving.
The best way to know what the best air psi is, is to do a chalk test. Each tire could be different and every manufacturer could be different.
I run my 40" Nitto TG at 26-28 on road.

OP
OP
Caleb Sousley

Caleb Sousley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run my tires at 32. The light will go off from time to time but as long as it has atleast 30psi I don't add any air. If its cold they will read low but will gain psi once they start warming up when driving.
The best way to know what the best air psi is, is to do a chalk test. Each tire could be different and every manufacturer could be different.
I run my 40" Nitto TG at 26-28 on road.
Does your light go off when it gets back to 32?

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does your light go off when it gets back to 32?
Sometimes it does sometimes it doesn't. Depends on how long i drive. I dont worry about it like I said as long as there is 30psi or more in it.
It has been chilly here the last couple days. My light is on right now and I have 30psi in 3 of the 4 tires and 31 in the other. I just drive it. Its a warning light not a CEL.