Do I need to add air to my tires to make this go away?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Caleb Sousley

Caleb Sousley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sometimes it does sometimes it doesn't. Depends on how long i drive. I dont worry about it like I said as long as there is 30psi or more in it.
It has been chilly here the last couple days. My light is on right now and I have 30psi in 3 of the 4 tires and 31 in the other. I just drive it. Its a warning light not a CEL.
That’s how mine is atm, it was below 10 degrees this morning so it makes sense why it happened but it’s driving fine so that’s the main thing

MarkM98

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When it gets this cold and the truck sits outside I always check the pressure when cold to see how much air I need to add. It’s always good to check the spare too if you don’t rotate it out with the rest of the tires to make sure it’s good. No one likes to be stranded and the spare is low too.

Nesc204

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run at 40. Less side wall roll on street and I'm carrying between 500 and 700 lbs in the bed every weekend with load range C BFG K2s. It's all personal preference. It depends how you like your truck to handle

Sonicsunspot

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ford recommended spec is 38 all around if I’m not mistaken.
My Ford dealership consistently sets mine at 41 all the way around. I go home and drop to 36 front 34 rear cold. Rides much better. When I head west to CO I have to drop another 3 lbs per tire and it comes back up to 36/34.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Ford dealership consistently sets mine at 41 all the way around. I go home and drop to 36 front 34 rear cold. Rides much better. When I head west to CO I have to drop another 3 lbs per tire and it comes back up to 36/34.
They set mine to 40 too. Rides like there is concrete in them.

Mister Pinky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run my tires at 32. The light will go off from time to time but as long as it has atleast 30psi I don't add any air. If its cold they will read low but will gain psi once they start warming up when driving.
The best way to know what the best air psi is, is to do a chalk test. Each tire could be different and every manufacturer could be different.
I run my 40" Nitto TG at 26-28 on road.

Can you elaborate on the chalk test?