Diesel Bros Carnage Winner 2019 Modified Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Troutrad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure about this one specifically, but lift kits get a bad rep on here because most of them require frame cuts and are a nightmare to return to stock. Congrats on the win though. That truck is sick! Personally, I would sell it while it is pristine, buy a used '18 or '19 (really a '14 but that is a different argument), and put the extra money into fixing it proper. I live close to the desert/Baja though, so low and wide is the way to go. If you don't have room for the high-speed off-road, it may make more sense for you to have a slightly lifted truck.

Ditto! I’d get it looking pristine and sell it. It’s got some noterietay so may get a good price. How many miles? I’d get a new Raptor and then play with it! Half the fun I’m having is doing the mods! Get a clean slate and make it what YOU want, not what someone else wants. Not saying it isn’t a pretty cool build, but make your own cool build!

OP
OP
hoozel

hoozel

Reaction score
Do the rules state that if you sell it, any profits go back to Diesel Brothers? Its unfortunate that the winner is not interested.
I never read anywhere about not being able to sell it. I’ll drive it for a bit then put it up for sale. Pay off some debt. More of a car guy, so thats where my money pit lies.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Not sure about this one specifically, but lift kits get a bad rep on here because most of them require frame cuts and are a nightmare to return to stock. Congrats on the win though. That truck is sick! Personally, I would sell it while it is pristine, buy a used '18 or '19 (really a '14 but that is a different argument), and put the extra money into fixing it proper. I live close to the desert/Baja though, so low and wide is the way to go. If you don't have room for the high-speed off-road, it may make more sense for you to have a slightly lifted truck.

Preach it. I am nowhere near the desert, but I agree 100%.
I would rock that truck as is. If you don't like the way it handles/rides, take it to a "real" off-road shop and have them un-f**k it. May cost a few bucks, but someone with skills can make it happen. Or trade it to the guy that posted up. Sounds like a win to me.

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Speaking of Diesel Brothers, I don`t know how old it was but I just caught a glimpse of article about they were fined $850,000.00 for taking emissions equipment and also basically adding a tune will do it too.they have $1.2 mili in lawyers fees alone and I think I saw bankruptcy in there, The Government actually bought one of their trucks and put it through the test and if failed, but what about every Stang, Vette, Challenger, and so many other cars that are breaking the law? Why does it seem like trucks are always singled out. I remember in NJ there were only two special inspection stations that you had to go to if your truck was lifted, headlights could only be so high and the front bumper had a height setting also.God forbid your tires stuck out past the fenders, that kept Bushwacker in business for a long time, and the Yosemite Sam Back Off mud flaps. Pulled the near new 22re out and stuck a turbo 231 Buick V-6 with a kit from Downey in CA. I had to buy a inspection stick each year from a garage in Newark, ahh the good old days..

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Preach it. I am nowhere near the desert, but I agree 100%.
I would rock that truck as is. If you don't like the way it handles/rides, take it to a "real" off-road shop and have them un-f**k it. May cost a few bucks, but someone with skills can make it happen. Or trade it to the guy that posted up. Sounds like a win to me.
Sounds like a good idea!!!