New to me 2018 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hingedthinker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I FINALLY got my Raptor (2018 in white)! I've been a Ford fan for decades and have always drooled over the Raptor but had other priorities in life. Circumstances led me to convincing the wife I needed a Raptor rather than another "regular F150."

I also own a 2022 F350 DRW (she drives a 2019 Lincoln Navigator L-BL) that is an absolute beast that we use to tow our giant 46' fifth wheel. So, short version of a long story... I stupidly and accidentally killed my 6.7l diesel by leaving the pre-filter inside the filter on my new banks ram air when I installed it. I'm a very sad idiot. Feel sorry posts are welcome. This is tearing me up... dealership has a 15 day queue for diagnostics... hoping I only killed the turbo and intercooler.

So, we have kids and cannot go without two vehicles so since I was planning on picking up a Raptor eventually anyway... I convinced the wife to approve the purchase.

AFA the new Raptor I love it. It is super clean with 114k miles. The only thing I've noticed so far is some hard shifts occasionally, and some stuttering that it did for the first time on partial throttle. I need to look those things up. I'm going to get all the services done on it soon and the prev owner left some records from 97k. No leaks that I can find on the shocks, pan, et cetera.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Post some pics when you have a chance. Sorry to hear about the incident with your Super Duty, I hate stupid mistakes!

As far as the Raptor, the transmission would have adapted to the previous owner. I’d recommend getting ForScan and a compatible adapter and perform the Adaptive Learning Drive Cycle.

OP
OP
H

hingedthinker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is that enough proof Sasquatch?

Anyone figure out a way to fix the worn red stripe on the wheel besides replacing the wheel? (no paint, please)