New 2023 Raptor replaces my 2019

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IamNomad

Reaction score
I bought a new 2019 Raptor in June of 2019 but sold it in March 2021 when my dealer offered me close to what I paid for it. Two years later and I missed having a truck.

I wanted to keep the price down and had a substantial GM card rebate which I could have used on a Chevy. So I test drove the new ZR2 and found it to be a very nice truck and was just about ready to buy one. Then by chance a nearby dealer had a new Code Orange Raptor on the lot so I took it for a drive and you guessed it, I bought it.

Way better ride and acceleration (at 5000 feet) than the ZR2. The exhaust sound is actually good, much better than my 2019 which sounded more like a UPS truck. I think it rides better with less uncontrolled body motions than my 19. Any how it's good to be a Raptor owner again. I pick it up hopefully this Friday. Cheers to everyone!

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OP, went horseback riding with 2 friends in Estes in the late 70s. two of us ride up hill from corral and our other buddy’s horse refused to walk. I turn my horse around to cantor back to help him. My horse thought he was going back to chill and made a beeline down the hill almost tossing me. I got control, stopped the beast, grabbed the reins of my friend’s horse and off we went up the hill. We were without guide. We get to a fork and damn if the horses didn’t know which way was the 1 hour and 2 hour trail. One of my friends was a big M o F o, a linebacker. He stood up in the stirrups and punched his horse in the neck, a resounding shotl and his horse went down the 2 hour trail. My horse backed up and sideways against a tree. Had I not swung my leg over the saddle, he would’ve crushed it. My buddy is yelling at me PUNCH HIM. I said F that, and we went on the one hour trail. Those are my memories of Estes. Lol.
Good luck with the Gen3. Love mine.