New 2023 Raptor replaces my 2019

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
I

IamNomad

Reaction score
OP, went horseback riding with 2 friends in Estes in the late 70s. two of us ride up hill from corral and our other buddy’s horse refused to walk. I turn my horse around to cantor back to help him. My horse thought he was going back to chill and made a beeline down the hill almost tossing me. I got control, stopped the beast, grabbed the reins of my friend’s horse and off we went up the hill. We were without guide. We get to a fork and damn if the horses didn’t know which way was the 1 hour and 2 hour trail. One of my friends was a big M o F o, a linebacker. He stood up in the stirrups and punched his horse in the neck, a resounding shotl and his horse went down the 2 hour trail. My horse backed up and sideways against a tree. Had I not swung my leg over the saddle, he would’ve crushed it. My buddy is yelling at me PUNCH HIM. I said F that, and we went on the one hour trail. Those are my memories of Estes. Lol.
Good luck with the Gen3. Love mine.
I don't know if this was the stable you used back then, but the Sombrero Horse Ranch on the east edge of town on HWY 34 is still in business.
Cheers to those old memories!