New to me 2018 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
H

hingedthinker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Post some pics when you have a chance. Sorry to hear about the incident with your Super Duty, I hate stupid mistakes!

As far as the Raptor, the transmission would have adapted to the previous owner. I’d recommend getting ForScan and a compatible adapter and perform the Adaptive Learning Drive Cycle.
can you recommend a specific brand of odb tool? amazon has dozens

OP
OP
H

hingedthinker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forscan changes - tweak your truck

Get another Raptor and you will earn the coveted #TwoLessprius :)
But, if you trade your Rap on another Rap it’s #SameNumberofprius
surely my F350 6.7l Powerstroke counts for at least #TwoLessprius on its own, so it seems I should be awarded the very rare and coveted #THREElessprius. That's not even counting the Lincoln and the Shelby...

JoeSC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Post some pics when you have a chance. Sorry to hear about the incident with your Super Duty, I hate stupid mistakes!

As far as the Raptor, the transmission would have adapted to the previous owner. I’d recommend getting ForScan and a compatible adapter and perform the Adaptive Learning Drive Cycle.
I need to do that too. Mine has some hard shifting from 4-3 sometimes. Had to get my ring and pinion done and I thought that fixed it as it seemed to have gone away completely, but I was wrong.

Anyway, welcome to the forum OP! Congrats!

OP
OP
H

hingedthinker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a BT device and ForScan. I reset the adaptive learning for the transmission, and no dice. Still behaves the same. Though, "repeating 9 times" did not happen... lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTRaptor20