Dead Gen 2 35k Miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Another case of size doesn't matter!

Tell that to Tommy Lee. This reminds me the other day a coyote F150 owner came up to me and asked me what size engine I had in my Raptor. He knew it was a v6 and said such and shook his head and walked away before I could even determine it was a diss.

V8 Trucks are always better than them little itty bitty ones.

Them twin turn tables make up for it in my book. Most times it only needs one Turbo to dust off the normal v8 when the twins spool it is usually all over.

Trailmaker

Off-road junky
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the 3.5 liter motor is all short block to me the 6.2 liter motors in the Gen 1s are long blocks.
A stripped motor vs a complete motor. I believe you are thinking of a “big block” we use big block term when talking about a larger displacement motor like the 4.6-v8 to a 6.2-v8.
When ever a person wants to bore out their engine they strip it down and ship only the core (short block) of the engine to the Machine shop. Getting a long block is a big deal. I don’t think that it is normal to have warranty ship a long block. Big win here for the OP.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You must of read that somewhere no way you could come up with that on your own.

Don't know but it seemed the Gen 1 peps are a lot more laid back when I had one than Gen 2s. Could be the SIZE issue everyone references. I used to own a Tacoma and a Frontier so those had itty bitty v6s too.

I like the Gen 2s and IMO the truck is great for what it is. Lets don't kid ourselves, TRX drivers and every Superduty in the world looks down on us cause we have a v6 in the engine bay and not a Cummins or Powerstroke.

Like it or not just the way it is. Enough with the side bar, great they fixed the OPs ride hopefully they will provide an additional warranty with it too.

Last edited: