Gen 3 Dead Battery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RJC2023

Reaction score
Hello, I a new member. After 18 months of electrical issues with my 2021 Limited F150, I worked with the local dealer to trade in for a 23’ Raptor. I have had the truck for 4 weeks and noticed that my remote start would occasionally not work thought the fob or App and my Ford App would message me that it had engaged the BMS. I was at the dealer ship a week ago and they said to ignore it as the BMS can sometimes be over sensitive. The truck had started fine and all was good. I went away for 5 days this week and left the truck parked in the garage only to come back to a completely dead battery - 0V. I am charging the battery as I write this but cannot get anything on the truck to power up. It is completely dark, nothing works. Am I missing something here?

Thanks in advance.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF.

Pictures. Or it’s a prius.

Let me search FRF for you:
1704141009496.jpeg

Yup, looks like you’re not the only person to have had this issue.

If the app notified you of BMS engagement the stealership was being lazy. Do you have any modifications or aftermarket parts installed? Any changes with FORSCAN?

OP
OP
R

RJC2023

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response. No modifications, truck is as new with 1000 miles. I scanned most of the other battery threads and although some were similar mods were involved.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
See if you are able to get the battery to take a charge and perform the BMS reset procedure. This has to be done when you change a battery. Regardless of the outcome, I’d get a picture of you getting a 0v reading on the battery, trying to power up the truck etc. Stealerships are fond of using the excuse “it’s not throwing any codes, so there’s no problem”.

Also, regardless of whether it recharges and successfully starts, have the stealership take a look.

OP
OP
R

RJC2023

Reaction score
I have a picture of the 0V when I checked the battery. I was able to jump the battery and bring things back to life. The only thing that remains on is the BRAKE warning which I assume is connected to the BMS. I tried the 5 x high beams, 3 x break pedal and it did not clear the BRAKE light. The battery is still quite low as I only had it running for 30 minutes so it is back on the charger. 2 bad fords in a row for me, my last one was dealer induced with BlueCruise uodate but still what was I thinking? Thanks for your help!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter