Dead Gen 2 35k Miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Therock88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I should drill holes into my air box?

No thanks
Pretty sure that was a joke/sarcasm too.

Some brilliant people drill up their airbox/filter housings with the perception they are going to get all that awesome increased airflow! When, in fact, they are adding heat and increasing IAT's by sucking in hot - engine bay - air. FWIW

DC

OP
OP
12ozcurls

12ozcurls

Reaction score
I’m going to steer the thread back to its origins. Dead Raptor with 35k miles. Shop finally tore into engine. Appears oil
Pump mount bolts broke. They said they’ve never seen it before. Broken Mount bolts were in the pan. I’d assume the broken mount bolts led to an oil starvation problem. Long block going in today. Anyone else ever experienced this?

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Appears oil
Pump mount bolts broke. They said they’ve never seen it before. Broken Mount bolts were in the pan. I

. Anyone else ever experienced this?

I have had experience with 5 eco boost 3.5's over 9 years and almost 400,000 miles. this is a first I have heard of this on multiple forums where this motor is concerned.

letsgetthisdone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m going to steer the thread back to its origins. Dead Raptor with 35k miles. Shop finally tore into engine. Appears oil
Pump mount bolts broke. They said they’ve never seen it before. Broken Mount bolts were in the pan. I’d assume the broken mount bolts led to an oil starvation problem. Long block going in today. Anyone else ever experienced this?

Make sure its getting new turbos as well.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Right. They won’t replace turbos without evidence that they’re damaged.
Tell them to check the oil in the turbos for contamination (metal particles, etc).
Such an odd problem for those bolts to break, must of been an oversite from somebody on the engine assembly line. Once in a blue moon something weird happens.

Rep732

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oil is pretty critical for turbos and they should be physically examined for any damage and shaft play in an event like this, I'm surprised you were told that and they didn't even check them

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Never heard of that one . HPFP bolts yes . At least it getting fixed . Turbos and oil cooler should be replaced with any oil contamination. Intake is iffy if the replace depends on tech if he perceives contaminated oil came through pvc system

Last edited: