CRP stage 4 build (lower than expected power levels)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With drivetrain losses and such... probably similar. I’d guess I’m 650-675 Bhp.

they rate 667 on the new one.... I don’t know how much the heads are different and if they’d tolerate more air or more spark...

Thanks for putting all your findings down in this Post. So with this information I would guess that the Ford GT is maxed out. I haven’t seen any Dyno’s but I’m sure your both close.

Brian Hudock

Reaction score
The 2023 Raptor will have a SC 7.3 Godzilla. It will outperform the TRX in every measure as it will retain our current weight advantage and enjoy a CI advantage. Ford designed Godzilla specifically for truck use and this was part of the plan. TRX is a short lived one trick pony.

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
@Guy I recommend you try one 32oz can of BOOSTane Pro on the dyno. Assuming a full tank in a 36 gal tank, 32oz will bring the 93 octane up to ~100, so you can add the timing in. If you/re running say 1/2 or 1/4 tank it will bring you up to ~102. Then you can still drive the truck on pump 93 and when the urge to tangle with a trx hits you, dump in the BOOSTane and have at it. 32oz can runs ~$30. One day (soon?) I'm gonna try mine on the street measured with the AP and my Draggy for peak performance with the BOOSTane. I haven't changed the tune for it yet. If it works well enough, it may be a much cheaper alternative to the full bolt-ons w/turbo swap route.

I also installed the Fuel-it ethanol sensor plug & play kit to know the real ethanol content %, so I'm waffling between an E50 or BOOSTane setups. I have the XDI-EVO HPFP, but I haven't installed it yet.

If Cobb would get off their ass and set up the Raptor with their Cobb Custom Features on-the-fly Map-Switching you could swap maps on the fly for pure safe running with the higher base timing. As it is now, you would need to stop and flash the desired map for the higher or lower octane fuels. I've emailed them and the reply is that the Raptor ECU setup is entirely different functionally, so their other Ford Custom Features don't work on it. It would take a lot of people asking for it for them to spend their resources developing that functionality. Apparently the Raptor crowd doesn't do enough self-tuning to warrant the effort.

Oh yeah, make sure you're comparing power reasonable accurately. Many of the dyno plots are using the STD Correction factor vs the SAE version. SAE will have lower numbers in every plot. If you have your .drf file(s) I can change the correction factor to show you the difference.

jrm

Reaction score
So I think I had better success with my setup. It's a 19 raptor and I have the stage 4's and manifolds as well as other mods. MPT did my tune and spent a lot of time on it.

Having said that, even with the power I did get I would not have done it over again. I think a good tune and nothing else would've been my route. The money, like 10k+ (not sure) won't put me in the poor house, but I think overall I'd have rather gone on a golf to Pebble Beach or Bandon Dunes or something. :)

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
So I think I had better success with my setup. It's a 19 raptor and I have the stage 4's and manifolds as well as other mods. MPT did my tune and spent a lot of time on it.

Having said that, even with the power I did get I would not have done it over again. I think a good tune and nothing else would've been my route. The money, like 10k+ (not sure) won't put me in the poor house, but I think overall I'd have rather gone on a golf to Pebble Beach or Bandon Dunes or something. :)

I came here to talk about Bandon Dunes...

If you go, I highly recommend taking a break and finding this:

KAc5mHn.jpg

Here's a hint as to where it is:

FF28g8j.jpg

Bandon is amazing. if you fly private into the muni strip that is about 30-35 minutes from the club instead of the 2-3 hr drive from the commercial airport, it is extra awesome.

The edge of Bandon from the air:
lt9w9JO.jpg

bonus, I have personally tested Dominos Pizza's delivery time to the muni strip. It takes 30 mins to get there from the clubhouse, by the time you show up, the pilot will be paying the driver for the chow. ( if you have a cool pilot.) highly recommended!

It is a really beautiful, very special place. Just watch out for bears on the beach if you shank one. ( not kidding)

jrm

Reaction score
Now lookie here, good Bandon Dunes info! We're actually going to drive out there this summer in the Raptor from our hometown in Florida. It'll be another summer road trip where we hit golf courses and national parks. We did that last summer, but usually we play at private places via a pro from one of our different clubs... but it's time to play Bandon and we'll actually be there this summer. Already booked/deposit down for this summer. We were supposed to go last summer but COVID messed up going that far out west so we only made it to Deer Lodge Montana for a bit after some time in Holyoke and Hutchinson.... :)

I'm convinced Raptor owners are the funnest crowd around. I've had a few G-wagons a Landcruiser but they have no community, and no craziness of turning modifications into a hobby.

That's a heck of a picture. I'll be traveling like a peasant there though!

Reaction score
@Guy I recommend you try one 32oz can of BOOSTane Pro on the dyno. Assuming a full tank in a 36 gal tank, 32oz will bring the 93 octane up to ~100, so you can add the timing in. If you/re running say 1/2 or 1/4 tank it will bring you up to ~102. Then you can still drive the truck on pump 93 and when the urge to tangle with a trx hits you, dump in the BOOSTane and have at it. 32oz can runs ~$30. One day (soon?) I'm gonna try mine on the street measured with the AP and my Draggy for peak performance with the BOOSTane. I haven't changed the tune for it yet. If it works well enough, it may be a much cheaper alternative to the full bolt-ons w/turbo swap route.

I second the BOOSTane. I used it prior to going E50 and it is a no shit, real world octane booster. There's a dude on youtube with a dodge demon that got another 80-90whp after dumping a few bottles in his tank (auto-adjusting ECU). Make sure you get the Professional flavor.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
I second the BOOSTane. I used it prior to going E50 and it is a no shit, real world octane booster. There's a dude on youtube with a dodge demon that got another 80-90whp after dumping a few bottles in his tank (auto-adjusting ECU). Make sure you get the Professional flavor.

I'd be interested to hear if that stuff will gum up the fuel rails and injectors on a raptor. Torco can wreak quite a bit of havoc on the fueling system. Gums it up enough that generally the injectors and sometimes the fuel rail both need to be replaced.

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No but if you google around... it’s basically hard core solvent and it is really hard on o2 sensors Et al. Burns orange. It’s fine for a bad tank of gas or an incidental 87 fill up but I don’t think I’d be keen on using it for daily.