CRP stage 4 build (lower than expected power levels)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So as regards to the ford gt running between 640 and 660 bhp, i dont know the exact whp,
However, if you use the gt turbos and cams, plus porting or so, shouldnt you also put out about 660 crank? Which is more than 500whp?
Also on pump gas

zfgracing

Reaction score
So as regards to the ford gt running between 640 and 660 bhp, i dont know the exact whp,
However, if you use the gt turbos and cams, plus porting or so, shouldnt you also put out about 660 crank? Which is more than 500whp?
Also on pump gas

Not really, you can't use those turbos. They are large frame turbos with a totally different manifold and the turbos like 2 or 3k each. Not worth it at all. There are also a lot of motor difference, dry sump and things like the intake manifold and exhaust manifolds are all geared for top end performance not making torque like the raptor.

Same thing with the cams if you find a dealer that can get you them they are stupid expensive, like $1200 per cam expensive...

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Not really, you can't use those turbos. They are large frame turbos with a totally different manifold and the turbos like 2 or 3k each. Not worth it at all. There are also a lot of motor difference, dry sump and things like the intake manifold and exhaust manifolds are all geared for top end performance not making torque like the raptor.

Same thing with the cams if you find a dealer that can get you them they are stupid expensive, like $1200 per cam expensive...

Exactly - huge difference from GT to F150. Some here would argue this.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Also on pump gas

The GT parts are extremely cost prohibitive, which was an intentional move by Ford to prevent the aftermarket from using them. You are much better off buying an aftermarket short block, like those sold by @RMB_Ryan at RMB Motorworks. As I mentioned earlier, less than $5k gets you a forged Short block that can handle 700WHP. Their $6k short block will handle 1000WHP.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Exactly - huge difference from GT to F150. Some here would argue this.

There must be an echo in here.

The GT and 3.5 H.O. in the Raptor share 70% of their parts, including the crankshaft. The differences are application specific, such as the dry sump oil system for track use and the components that affect the engine's power and torque curves and max RPM, such as intake/exhaust/cams.

EDIT:

Predator_Raptor, aka Kuan, has been banned again. Bye, Felicia.

Last edited:

zfgracing

Reaction score
RMB Motorworks sells Short blocks that support 700WHP starting with Stage 1, which is less than $5k. Stage 2 is only $1k more and supports 1000WHP.

I hate to be a Debbie downer here yeah the short block is only 6000 and will support 1000 whp but if you just swap that in and leave everything else alone your not going to make any more hp than you would stock. And even with a $6000 short block you still have to assemble the long block, and either reuse the heads that are in your truck or buy new heads, plus all the timing components head gaskets head studs your into the motor for another 2-6k and then there is the install labor... and that just gets it in the truck that doesn't include a large frame Turbo kit which is another 5k plus.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I hate to be a Debbie downer here yeah the short block is only 6000 and will support 1000 whp but if you just swap that in and leave everything else alone your not going to make any more hp than you would stock. And even with a $6000 short block you still have to assemble the long block, and either reuse the heads that are in your truck or buy new heads, plus all the timing components head gaskets head studs your into the motor for another 2-6k and then there is the install labor... and that just gets it in the truck that doesn't include a large frame Turbo kit which is another 5k plus.

I agree; I was certainly not trying to imply that you could make 1000WHP for $6k. Just stating that $6000 for a forged shortblock that is rated to 1000WHP is very reasonable. As you mention, the supporting components and labor are a significant additional cost to make that kind of power.

Fender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So for educational sake, will the large frame turbos with their respective manifolds fit the same 3.5 block right? I get the cost part, just thinking of larger turbos with electronic wastegates

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

For sure not a cheap trip down that hole. I just went through all that and tried to save where I felt I could but still able to produce some more ponies. It won't be a ton more than stick but will have a super solid motor now.
Fyi... only reason I did it is because I blew my stock one and needed something to make truck move.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So for educational sake, will the large frame turbos with their respective manifolds fit the same 3.5 block right? I get the cost part, just thinking of larger turbos with electronic wastegates

They’ll fit the engine, but not the truck. The GT is a mid engine car; the turbo locations and exhaust routing are completely different. The GT also uses vacuum operated wastegates, not electronic ones like those on the Raptor.