Crazy ADM with Gen 3 Raptors... any MSRP dealer in Md/Va/Dc/De?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mchurch0211

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys make sure you get your deal in writing. I have heard of numerous guys on here placing orders at msrp then the truck is getting sold out from under them. Happened to me twice. Be warned. This market is crazy and people are doing crazy things. Dealers do not care about you they want money. And people will pay crazy adm’s to have a truck in there driveway come September October

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Generally, until money has changed hands, any deal can be undone. Once money has changed hands; that is, you’ve put a deposit down, it’s less likely you’ll end up victimized by an unethical stealership.

jwill

Reaction score
I don't know of any dealers with allocations available for order, but I know of one dealer with in NC with an order in for agante black 801A 35". VIN assigned. No idea on build date. No markup above MSRP.

fishgolfshoot

Reaction score
Hey what’s up guys, quick question. I called the 2 closest Ford dealerships to me, one had filled their allotments and the other hadn’t filled any, so I headed over to that one and placed an order for a Gen 3 today. I asked probably 50x if there would be any ADM and was told no, I would pay MSRP, so I placed my order. They didn’t even want a deposit which I thought was pretty weird, so I put one down anyways. I read somewhere that without a deposit then it could get sold out from under me to someone else most likely with an ADM. Can anyone tell me if this is a unique situation or does it not work that way with deposits? I also dont have anything in writing that states there wont be any ADM, how should I remedy that? This will be my first Raptor and I’m pretty hyped, I just figure I either stumbled on a great situation in which case I’m happy to send out the dealership I used, or Im clueless and didn’t quite do my job right. Either way additional info will help, appreciate it

krww06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys make sure you get your deal in writing. I have heard of numerous guys on here placing orders at msrp then the truck is getting sold out from under them. Happened to me twice. Be warned. This market is crazy and people are doing crazy things. Dealers do not care about you they want money. And people will pay crazy adm’s to have a truck in there driveway come September October
Well said and 100% agree. For example, my sister had a friend custom order a Bronco and when it was delivered the dealer sold it to a complete stranger for $30k above MSRP, leaving her friend SOL.

Reputable dealer + OTD price in writing + a deposit is best strategy, IMHO.

laxmike32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey what’s up guys, quick question. I called the 2 closest Ford dealerships to me, one had filled their allotments and the other hadn’t filled any, so I headed over to that one and placed an order for a Gen 3 today. I asked probably 50x if there would be any ADM and was told no, I would pay MSRP, so I placed my order. They didn’t even want a deposit which I thought was pretty weird, so I put one down anyways. I read somewhere that without a deposit then it could get sold out from under me to someone else most likely with an ADM. Can anyone tell me if this is a unique situation or does it not work that way with deposits? I also dont have anything in writing that states there wont be any ADM, how should I remedy that? This will be my first Raptor and I’m pretty hyped, I just figure I either stumbled on a great situation in which case I’m happy to send out the dealership I used, or Im clueless and didn’t quite do my job right. Either way additional info will help, appreciate it
I think the biggest thing is to confirm multiple times that they actually have an allocation

triggerfish

Reaction score
I have mine well spelled out in text messages and emails with a reputable dealership that doesn't play games. No deposit for me either. If I get burned I'll be surprised.. and I doubt they will want to get trashed all over the internet since they haven't yet (like most dealers have).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc