Gen3 MSRP and Dealer Markup policy worksheet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlueWhale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am going to share this worksheet as an editable doc for FRF community. I had passed this to several members prior that PM me about it. Since feedback has been positive and helpful to those members, I am putting this out to everybody. I would like the FRF community to continue sheet so it may help others.

The password on the sheet is a little six-letter word, that requires no guessing from anybody in this forum.

It contains the notes of over 50+ dealers that I called when shopping for my Gen 3. There was a poster that noted it's not that hard to find an MSRP deal, just make a few calls, we'll I'm glad he got it. But for rest or most of us, you would be in the lucky minority at current market and time to get an MSRP deal. If you do.... hat's off to ya. The truth is, most everybody else is paying some ADM, What each person is willing to pay for or not is your own decision. No need to derail anybody for paying too high or whatever, or even the dealer, with exception of dishonest ones of course ( like collecting a bunch of non-refundable deposits way more than then their allotment or allocations ).

As in life, there is always someone smarter and with more money than you (or dumber and more money) , and there is always someone not as smart and less fortunate than you.

Here is the link to my excel sheet on Microsoft OneDrive, you don't need an account:

The sheet will time out June 30th, 2022

thx
BlueWhale
(fricken anxiously waiting for my 2022 35, supposedly with a build date of Jan 28th)

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am going to share this worksheet as an editable doc for FRF community. I had passed this to several members prior that PM me about it. Since feedback has been positive and helpful to those members, I am putting this out to everybody. I would like the FRF community to continue sheet so it may help others.

The password on the sheet is a little six-letter word, that requires no guessing from anybody in this forum.

It contains the notes of over 50+ dealers that I called when shopping for my Gen 3. There was a poster that noted it's not that hard to find an MSRP deal, just make a few calls, we'll I'm glad he got it. But for rest or most of us, you would be in the lucky minority at current market and time to get an MSRP deal. If you do.... hat's off to ya. The truth is, most everybody else is paying some ADM, What each person is willing to pay for or not is your own decision. No need to derail anybody for paying too high or whatever, or even the dealer, with exception of dishonest ones of course ( like collecting a bunch of non-refundable deposits way more than then their allotment or allocations ).

As in life, there is always someone smarter and with more money than you (or dumber and more money) , and there is always someone not as smart and less fortunate than you.

Here is the link to my excel sheet on Microsoft OneDrive, you don't need an account:

thx
BlueWhale
(fricken anxiously waiting for my 2022 35, supposedly with a build date of Jan 28th)
That is an impressive work, thank you! I took a beating on another thread for paying a 5k ADM and possibly listing my current 2019 for 20k over what I paid. However, after I combine your work with the price increases listed on another thread and inflation numbers thanks to Brandon, if my 2021 37 ever is delivered, I will celebrate. On the same topic, I was told Kendall in Idaho has already exhausted it’s allotment for 2022 Raptors. My guess is several listed on your spread sheet has as well. Good job!

Low Rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Many, many thanks for all that detailed information. When I got my 17 I got it for MSRP from my local dealer and ordered my 22 from the same dealer for MSRP. I’m lucky to find an honest dealer. I’ve only got a conformation so far but with winter coming I’m in no hurry to get it. Once again thank you.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score

thx
BlueWhale
Great research!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Great work @BlueWhale

This ought to be a sticky, I think. @Big Blue ? worth a sticky in the Jen Tres sub-forum? seems like a pretty good resource.

There was a poster that noted it's not that hard to find an MSRP deal, just make a few calls, we'll I'm glad he got it. But for rest or most of us, you would be in the lucky minority at current market and time to get an MSRP deal. If you do.... hat's off to ya.
Yeah, in normal times a Raptor release results in a temporary price spike, typically in urban / sub-urban areas. Almost all of them are just artificially inflated. They’re asking for 5-25 k over MSRP, but they’re not getting it. In normal times. In ’16 - about early ’18, MSRP was the standard, over MSRP was what impatient folks or buyers with discretionary money paid. Ordering the ’17 in urban areas was a crap shoot, but in rural areas MSRP was achievable. Dealer ordered trucks became an overpricing game that seemed like a competition to ask for the highest price. I think we had a +30k ADM once. Nobody I’m aware of has owned up to paying 30k over for a Raptor.

We did have some users who owned up to paying 10k over. I wonder if any of the ’17-’18 original owners who payed 5k over or more are still here?

This environment is certainly not late ’16, it’s far worse for sure. That said, I will point out that there aren’t lines out the stealership doors to buy Raptors AND you are certainly able to cross shop the TRX. The thing about ADM is: you don’t have to pay it.

I note your location says CA. This is a separate micro economy and your chances of scoring MSRP in that place is low.
The truth is, most everybody else is paying some ADM, What each person is willing to pay for or not is your own decision.
So accepting the honesty of FRF posters on the topic, the thread discussing ADM was not as dire as your observations and of course not as rosy as my recollections of ’16-’17 purchasing. It requires work to find a stealership ready to negotiate off the bat. They all will once the truck lingers for 9-10 months. We had stealerships in 2018 still bitterly clinging to their ADM pricing on their 2017 Raptors. By early ’18, users were reporting MSRP to 2-5k under MSRP. Now, of course urban and suburban stealerships were still asking over MSRP.

Shop smart is all I’m saying. I wish all in the Raptor market a good deal in the upcoming year!

OP
OP
BlueWhale

BlueWhale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@smurfslayer Totally agree with your points, My friend how got me interested in Raptors to begin with Got a brand new Gen1 under MSRP, way back. Spreadsheet just use as listing for everybody that's shopping, hope it saves them time, or help negotiate a deal. Yes in in CA, suburb and markups are high, with dealers asking $30k for 37. They were definitely not going to let that go for anything under 15k and i wasn't willing to pay the 15k so no bother wasting my time or theirs. I ended up getting ordering one in Midwest. I do want to point out, several of the dealers where NOT happy that CA folks were calling and trying to buy out of state inventory. And i wonder if they just quoted me a higher markup on phone strictly on that point alone. Some were upfront about it and its noted in the sheet, they say locals get MSRP deal, non-locals will have a markup.

And oh Merry Xmas to all. May your holiday wishes come soon and true.

Reaction score
Merry Christmas all and also being from California, I do not see how anyone from here gets MSRP, definitely won’t in state. They’re flying out of dealerships at $20-30k over and out of state we definitely pay a California tax.

I honestly find it hard to believe anyone nationwide in this climate would pay MSRP without special circumstances such as a Ford Employee or something along those lines so would love more of the MSRP buyers to provide a screenshot (obviously covering sensitive info) or I think there’s simply a lot of people ashamed to mention what they really paid.

Being totally transparent myself, I am happy I got $8500 ADM on a loaded 35 ‘22 model year with a Vin, priority 1 and build date. I used the 50 dealers on the spreadsheet and called a few more as well as having a friend of mine with a contact at a Ford dealer and the only ADMs that were less than what I paid, I was pretty sure there was no official allocation and there was no guarantee of getting a truck.

Would love someone to make me eat my words and prove otherwise and that MSRP is possible in this current market………….

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Merry Christmas all and also being from California, I do not see how anyone from here gets MSRP, definitely won’t in state. They’re flying out of dealerships at $20-30k over and out of state we definitely pay a California tax.

I honestly find it hard to believe anyone nationwide in this climate would pay MSRP without special circumstances such as a Ford Employee or something along those lines so would love more of the MSRP buyers to provide a screenshot (obviously covering sensitive info) or I think there’s simply a lot of people ashamed to mention what they really paid.

Being totally transparent myself, I am happy I got $8500 ADM on a loaded 35 ‘22 model year with a Vin, priority 1 and build date. I used the 50 dealers on the spreadsheet and called a few more as well as having a friend of mine with a contact at a Ford dealer and the only ADMs that were less than what I paid, I was pretty sure there was no official allocation and there was no guarantee of getting a truck.

Would love someone to make me eat my words and prove otherwise and that MSRP is possible in this current market………….
Come on guy, not this again. Quite a few of us have gotten our truck @ MSRP…a lucky 1 or 2 @ invoice. On that note, no one has to prove anything to you. Do what’s best for you and your pockets and be happy. Merry X-mas & post pics when you take delivery.