Am I crazy for wanting to purchase a high mileage gen 3?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zaman

Reaction score
I have a Ranger Raptor on order. Not sure when it will ever get pulled for production but it was supposed to have been first batch since I got the sole order at my dealer. Issue is they're charging $5,000 adm. With options that I want, that puts it around $64,000. As of right now, there are Gen 3 raptors popping up into the 65-69k range. I'd feel much better spending that kind of money (or a little more) on a truck if it was full-sized.

Friends think I'm losing my mind for wanting to spend around $65,000-$70,000 for a truck with 45-60k miles. My thing is, if they are in good clean shape, still have some warranty, or even are gold certified pre-owned- is it really that crazy? You guys here are probably stacking the miles having fun, how are your '21 Raptors fairing?

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would definitely get a Raptor over a Ranger. With some looking around you could probably find one with lower miles for a decent price.
I would get a Toyota over a Ranger. And I hate Toyotas. Maybe this Ranger will be better. I sure hope so. Maybe it will be better now that the Maverick is available to fill the POS slot.

IamNomad

Reaction score
When I read the title of your post I was expecting "high mileage" Gen 3 Raptors to be closer to 100k miles, not a top of 65k miles.
Look for the cleanest one you can preferably with some warranty left on it and buy it.

Another point in the used Raptor's favor is that depreciation on it will probably be less than on a Ranger that you are paying ADM on.

OP
OP
Zaman

Zaman

Reaction score
When I read the title of your post I was expecting "high mileage" Gen 3 Raptors to be closer to 100k miles, not a top of 65k miles.
Look for the cleanest one you can preferably with some warranty left on it and buy it.

Another point in the used Raptor's favor is that depreciation on it will probably be less than on a Ranger that you are paying ADM on.

Okay thanks for the advice. There’s one out there with about 62k miles, selling for around $64,000. It’s gold certified, I’ve been chatting with the dealers GM- seems like it’s in great shape minus some paint chips. I'll either pull the trigger on that or try to work down some of the slightly higher priced but lower mileage options. There's an orange '21 with the 37 package for sale in FL right now for 73, and only 40-something miles. Jussst out of my price range, but I'd like to think I can get lucky if I try hard enough with some of them that are out there.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You guys here are probably stacking the miles having fun, how are your '21 Raptors fairing?
My ‘21 is my daily with about 27.5k miles. Although a blast of fun driving it, I’m certainly not stacking up miles the way those guys are. To each their own.
With some looking around you could probably find one with lower miles for a decent price.
Definitely do this. Be willing to travel outside your comfort zone.