Seeking MSRP allocation in DC/MD/VA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had an order with Mid-State Ford in WVa for an AMB with 801A and 37s, MSRP. I canceled the order yesterday, the allocation may be available for someone else. It is supposed to be in production the week of 1/24.
Why did you cancel?

LuckyKnuckle36

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
I called Bob Bell Ford in Glen Burnie, MD and they had 1 2022 allocation left which I got (who knows if it's true) @MSRP. I'm in NOVA as well and all dealers were around me were $15k+.
I chatted with FP and they have my order in the system but it's unscheduled. Crossing fingers that it was too soon to check status. They said to check back in a few weeks.
I too ordered a 22' from Bob Bell Ford in Glen Burnie MD @ MSRP, fingers crossed my Dec 6 build date holds. I went with an 800A with torsen, convenience /tow package

LuckyKnuckle36

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
When did you order?
Oct 10th the first day Bob Bell released the 10 allocations they had. I had a wildtrak Bronco reserved through them back in July 2020, canceled that tried to get a 21 raptor, I missed the allocations for 2021 from them back in June. I showed up the day they were supposed to call clients..

doverrover

Reaction score
Oct 10th the first day Bob Bell released the 10 allocations they had. I had a wildtrak Bronco reserved through them back in July 2020, canceled that tried to get a 21 raptor, I missed the allocations for 2021 from them back in June. I showed up the day they were supposed to call clients..
Interesting. When I called they assured me they had one more allocation (the 11th one), and they assured me multiple times.

tedthebear

Reaction score
It may be worthwhile to see if Koons will come off ADM on their 2021s once Jan 1 rolls around…their websites show something like 20 raptors in stock that aren’t moving (for obvious reasons).

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
It may be worthwhile to see if Koons will come off ADM on their 2021s once Jan 1 rolls around…their websites show something like 20 raptors in stock that aren’t moving (for obvious reasons).

Wasted breath and effort. Some stealerships bitterly cling to their Raptors and ADM.

Koons is one such stealership. Another is Cowles Parkway - a C.U. affiliate stealership, for when you buy through your credit union’s service. At the time, ordering was all that was available and according to the CU, ADM is or was not supposed to be part of the equation. I checked before bothering. So I went through with it, got the paperwork and sales mangler comes over and says “all Raptors are $10k over MSRP”. I said mine won’t be. He quipped that it would be so I pulled out the text of the exchange with Shenandoah Ford and said “Oh no it won’t” and left. They would not budge. Called and complained about having my chain yanked to the CU, and I’m sure nothing at all came of it. Frustrating.

At the time, I’d never paid full MSRP for any vehicle, even SVT’s. I was in absolute denial, figuring there was no way they could sell “a tarted up F150” for over MSRP. wrong. I was trying to order without the moonroof, decals, and a few other things I wasn’t really interested in. It was cheaper to get the loaded dealer stock 802A than try to negotiate with the 3 dozen other local stealerships.

Koons actually had a silver Rap on the lot with no moonroof, decals and some other stuff but they were insistent at 5k over. Same deal, I showed them my pricing from Shenandoah. I think the sales guy wanted to make it work but sales mangler must have thought someone would pay over.

Remember, just because they’re asking for ADM doesn’t mean they’ll get it and frequently they don’t. But, large stealerships can afford to sit on those trucks for a really, really long time.

LuckyKnuckle36

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Interesting. When I called they assured me they had one more allocation (the 11th one), and they assured me multiple times.
So to be completely accurate the GM did say they had 10 allocations to release, but acknowledged while on the phone with their rep that they actually had 11, the 11th one to be held back for the repeat customer that they may need to take care of. You might have timed it right and got that allocation. They did actually have 11 on Oct 10. I didn't think that detail was relevant but might be for you now. Bob Bell seems like a stand up dealer so you might be good.