cold air intake power gains

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kawie95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Google "dusted my engine"

Larger air flow because of less filtration is moronic

Jeff

7748d1334346147-hennessey-tune-91-intake-back-stock-imag0539.jpg

Hennessey K&N are not offroad worthy. look through my posts.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn't spend a penny with Hennessey if they had the last beer on earth. They make claims they can't substantiate. I don't do business with liars.

kawie95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't spend a penny with Hennessey if they had the last beer on earth. They make claims they can't substantiate. I don't do business with liars.

lol I cant believe the Top Gear episode had these equipment on it and did not break (so he says). I do the same stuff with mine and it breaks every time out. (mount snaps off the filter and the filter gets damaged on the hood). Get a AFE wet and a separate dry filter. I heard the spot welds break but you just weld them up and no more issues.

kawie95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
9k miles on mine, 2 K&N's.

Took it to hungry valley, san felipe, mojave, yucca valley, lancaster, joshua tree, grand caynon (not to dusty in winter) and thats about all I can think of.

Mike Paulk at Hennessey said:
"The filters come pre-oiled. The dust that you are seeing is dust that is passing through the small openings of the filter. That dust is too fine to damage the engine. Granted if it builds up you may have issues but you must be in highly dusty conditions. When that dust gets in the combustion chamber that should burn off but if you are going through that dirty of conditions you may want to frequently clean and re-oil your filter. If you go with the AFE and use the dry filter I would check the filter after each day of running in those conditions. The K&N filters are great but there comes a point when they cannot filter any more. I hope this makes sense."

BMWBig6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So has anybody checked their stock intake tube (after the filter) to see if the stock filter allows the same or comparable amount of dust through? Or does it pass the finger swipe test?

Yogurt Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am a bit disturbed all these intake companies claim (BETTER THAN STOCK FILTRATION) Is this all a lie :shocked:or are some better worse than others? Im not talking about 10dollar *** models Im talking about Volant, AirRaid, K&N, AFE, etc. Higher quality and reputable Companies. I will do the finger test today on my stock intake. And post a picture to see what it looks like.

I was just about to pull the gun and go w/ a AFE intake and ITXSC Tuner from 5star and have it tuned for MBRP exhaust. But this discussion has me possibly rethinking the Intake. Every vehicle I have owned has had either a AirRaid or Volant Filter system with no issues.

Wheela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am a bit disturbed all these intake companies claim (BETTER THAN STOCK FILTRATION) Is this all a lie :shocked:or are some better worse than others? Im not talking about 10dollar *** models Im talking about Volant, AirRaid, K&N, AFE, etc. Higher quality and reputable Companies. I will do the finger test today on my stock intake. And post a picture to see what it looks like.

I was just about to pull the gun and go w/ a AFE intake and ITXSC Tuner from 5star and have it tuned for MBRP exhaust. But this discussion has me possibly rethinking the Intake. Every vehicle I have owned has had either a AirRaid or Volant Filter system with no issues.

aftermarket intakes filtrations are not "better", their filters have bigger openings to let more air in but also chance to let other stuff also in, I got a preliner on my airaid and I feel pretty confident in them. Had a K&N on my old silverado for 35k miles and never a spot of dust or oil-y film anywhere in the tube. Just need to find a brand you trust and go for it or stick to stock

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would think if your putting an oiled filter on and not oiling it properly or at all you you'd get dust leaking threw too much oil and the oil has to go some where.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc