"Clunk" from the right front

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TxRaptor6.2

Reaction score
Anyone ever resolve Front End Clunk Noise?

My apologies if this is answered elsewhere, but I can mostly find other posts with same issue, but no common answer. Im driving around with the front end clunking and sounding like an old worn out hunk of junk. Mine did not have this noise at all until about 10k miles. Im now at 38k and have taken it to the dealer 6 times, taken it to a local front end shop that the owner spent hours with me trying to figure out the cause, and no cause has been found. Dealer tried blaming the Fox shocks. But I called Fox and the say no way its the shocks. I agree, I can bounce front end up and down and have no noise. But while driving the truck every little bump or patched pot hole makes the noise. Has anyone found a common cause / solution? Every bolt has been checked and rechecked. Sadly I rarely get to go off road due to no trails within hundreds of miles. Its had an easy life, should not sound and feel like its about to fall apart. Anyone knowing a common cause, or solution, please respond. Thanks

demnraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same issue mainly at low speeds in parking lots or through neighborhood streets. It is very annoying and 2 dealerships have told me the same thing. 1 even showed me a print out from ford telling them to check all bolts and not waranty anything that it was due to the shocks.

phydough

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My sway bar end link on the right side is making a clunk. Come warmer weather I will pull off the sway bar to "fix" the worn part.

Kngranch

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a similar clunk, it ended up being a broken rubber transmission mount.

6A6116A4-CCB1-456B-B3F8-351B847BBEB3_zpsb1kacu3a.jpg