"Clunk" from the right front

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wit

Reaction score
Jumping in so I can follow along too. Same problem on my 2010. I've read the "Clunk" thread, and that's not what I'm hearing. I definitely hear it in all 4 wheel areas, not in the middle of the truck. It happens on small bumps, worse when cold. I've always suspected the shocks since it happens on all 4 corners, but it's too cold to go outside and mess with it. On my list to investigate further once it warms up.

Mil T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you guys sure your not hearing the shocks rebounding because of the spring. I have fox 3.0's and they do that all the time when you hit a bump or something enough to make the front end do a sudden drop out and then rebound abruptly because the spring is pushing the suspension back down.

Rickoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had this same exact issue recently and really didn't think to search here for an answer. I brought the truck (2013, scab with 10k miles) to the dealer and they handed me a SSM which I posted here: http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f183/ssm-22513-a-29962/

Surprised I didn't think to search here for similar issues. Funny most posts have been made in colder months. I definitely hear the noise more when it's super cold.

Hate hearing it on such an expensive truck. Makes it feel cheap. I wish I could rectify it.

TXRPTOR37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been in Houston the past few weeks and did mid perch. Temperatures were cool but nothing below freezing. Get back to Midland last night and temperatures have been below freezing ever since. I immediately started to notice a magnified noise from the front right suspension when driving over bumps. Feels like the shock but hard to imagine that it would be if the others are not doing the same.

I noticed the noise before mid perch but it is more noticeable now I feel like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maps928

Reaction score
Dont waste your time with the dealer. There is a Service Bulletin that Ford has distributed tothe dealers that say this noise is NORMAL!!! Are they really that stupid?? No way this is normal. I am anengineer and if I designed shit that made this much noise Id be fired and so should the idiots who did this to what could have been the best truck on the road.I am setting up appointment with the Regional Service Manager. I will take him for a ride and see if he can look me in the eye and tell me this is normal!!

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dont waste your time with the dealer. There is a Service Bulletin that Ford has distributed tothe dealers that say this noise is NORMAL!!! Are they really that stupid?? No way this is normal. I am anengineer and if I designed shit that made this much noise Id be fired and so should the idiots who did this to what could have been the best truck on the road.I am setting up appointment with the Regional Service Manager. I will take him for a ride and see if he can look me in the eye and tell me this is normal!!
Any luck with the service manager?

@Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:
www.runraptorrun.com