"Clunk" from the right front

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trayack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I've had it for a week officially and have noticed a "clunk" noise from the right front. Almost feels like a body mount or control arm moving around a bit. Doesn't happen all the time, but most times....Maybe its just me, I'm still getting used to the "truck" noises and shudders. I'm coming from a Tahoe that was def stiffer...

Anyone else notice this? I was poking around on the "other forum" and saw that there has been an ongoing issue for a while with this type of noise. They were thinking it was the lower shock bolt. Does anyone have a fix...its completely unexceptable for a $50K+ truck to make this noise...I really don't want to regret buying a Ford this early.

- Travis

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Rabbits?

You're not running over an occasional rabbit are you? They make the damnest clunk from the front right and sometimes the front left!

OP
OP
trayack

trayack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I took the lead mechanic who I know for a spin. It was warmer out than previous days so it wasn't really making any odd noises. To me it still feels like there a bit of a clunk but honestly it might just be me not used to the "truck noises, and feelings". Trucks my nature simply aren't as stiff as full size SUVs. When Andy (the lead tech) drove it he said everything felt normal. He's also driven a few raptors before and I haven't.

Regardless he agreed to take it in this Thursday and retorque EVERY front suspension component just to be safe. Petty cool if you ask me.

OP
OP
trayack

trayack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, the head mechanic (also my brother's friend) went over EVERY nut and bolt in the front and rear suspesion on thursday. He did find that the lower left ball joint nut, and the right stabalazer bar were no where near factory torque spec.

I've only driven the truck a few miles in the last two days but I still feel like something isn't quite right. Not all the time, but sometimes I feel like I'm getting a clunk from the front end. It just doesn't feel solid...We'll see how it goes i guess.

SpeedyV10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another front end clunk post

The night I drove the truck home from the dealer, I noticed a little bit of a rattle when going over bumps. Feels like a bad shock bushing or something of that nature.

I haven't had the truck off road at all, except for maybe some icy/bumpy parking lots. Last night while taking a friend for a test ride, I was going down a city street that had a terrible surface. The front end of my truck felt like it was going to fall apart.

Sooooo......What have been the culprits to those who have had front end issues? I have driven Model T's that had quieter front end assemblies.