Changed out to full Synthetic Oil and Nitrogen Air

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I was bored with nothing to do today, so I decided to do an oil change 800 miles early and rotate/balance the tires.

While at the Advance Auto store, I get a wild hair in my ass to change out to Mobil 1 5w-20 Full Synthetic. Why not.

I show up to the shop and low-and-behold they are all standing around their new Parker TireSaver Nitrogen Inflation System. Theirs was the portable tire filling generator type. Why not.

I put the Raptor up on the lift, get the wheels/tires off, mark them with a wax pencil and roll them into the shop. They attach a hose to the valve stem of each tire and the machine goes to work. It sucks the air out, fills nitrogen in, sucks the nitrogen out and then fills nitrogen in again. Process took about 20 - 25 minutes and while it was doing that, I got going on the oil change.

Got the oil change done just in time to watch the tech get "00" "00" on the tire balance and then I put them back on, paid and hit the road.

Truck DEFINITELY drives better with a new balance. I think it could be the Nitrogen air, too... Yeah, ok, not really.

Anyway, I think the Raptor could care if it has full synthetic or used gear oil for lube -- it still runs like a ***** ape.

I love this truck.