Carolina up to Maine: Where do you like to take your Raptor with the family?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

konoha

Reaction score
Was wondering what areas do you like to take the raptor for family adventures? I know NJ shores like Brigantine and Beach State Park allow for 4WD trucks to drive on the beach. I also watched a few youtube videos of trucks driving in the Hatteras beach areas. Others around cape cod. Any areas your favorite? Ideally Id like to take the raptor to areas with good views that allow me to BBQ. Any recommendations?

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Where are you going in Maine? Theres a pretty good offroad park in Carthage and of course the north Maine woods stuff.

NE Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Race Point on Cape Cod is pretty cool. You need to time it right for full access but it is a great spot to take your truck on the beach. Couple of good campgrounds are close and you can BBQ right on the beach. I try to go at least once or twice per year.

5226acfdc3e92fbbe1058c79955b2439.jpg5226acfdc3e92fbbe1058c79955b2439.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NE Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oops, Didn’t mean to post the same pic. But you can back right up and set up shop. Lots of whales, seals, even an occasional great white!

3af74c20593c881120a7d1b8ba8bd6c5.jpg

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oops, Didn’t mean to post the same pic. But you can back right up and set up shop. Lots of whales, seals, even an occasional great white!

3af74c20593c881120a7d1b8ba8bd6c5.jpg

Is it a "just cruising" type of thing or can you rip it up a little?

NE Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it a "just cruising" type of thing or can you rip it up a little?

In the main areas you have to keep it down but when the whole beach is open, you can let it rip. I was hitting 80+. The faster you go the truck just gets better...it was pretty impressive. Also coming in and out in some areas there are some steep hills to climb and have some fun on.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In the main areas you have to keep it down but when the whole beach is open, you can let it rip. I was hitting 80+. The faster you go the truck just gets better...it was pretty impressive. Also coming in and out in some areas there are some steep hills to climb and have some fun on.

Oh man, I should make the trip....

The saying is: "Go faster! It'll smooth out some!"

NE Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh man, I should make the trip....

The saying is: "Go faster! It'll smooth out some!"

Absolutely - especially if you like the beach it is well worth the trip. You can find a section where nobody else is and have the place to yourself. Just be sure to check the map to confirm its all open before you go. They have these little birds that are super rare and they nest in certain areas on the beach, when they are hatching they close down big sections. Equiptment you need to get a sticker - a board 10 x 12, sufficient tow strap, tire pressure gauge that goes to 5psi, a shovel, full size spare, a jack - factory is ok. I think that's all but check the Race Point ORV site.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice, thanks for the info.

If its the same bird as Maine beaches, it is the piping plover.

chefsam

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brigantine recently made changes to protect the wildlife.
In addition to the annual $200 Brigantine pass for beach driving the $50 Mobile Sport Fishing permit is also required for the North end of the island.
The Brigantine pass is still good for 4x4 access to the south end cove and jetty areas.