Road trip with a family of 5 over 3500 miles and 12 days. How does the Raptor hold up?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Your picture left out the thousands of people mining toxic metals by hand, in flip flops, while guys armed with AK’s stand around the rim. Sign me up for an EV
Sounds like a Malaysian palm oil plantation.

Lithium, and nickle ores are not toxic- they are mining rock with on 1-2% of the metal in it.

Processing of ores is where the toxic stuff comes in. Mercury, cyanide, acids, solvents...

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a Malaysian palm oil plantation.

Lithium, and nickle ores are not toxic- they are mining rock with on 1-2% of the metal in it.

Processing of ores is where the toxic stuff comes in. Mercury, cyanide, acids, solvents...
Cobalt is toxic

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We just did a 706-mile round trip across the mountains into the rolling country and back. About 650 miles on the highway at 75-85mph with a bit more and a bit less at times depending on what was going on, and around 50 miles in and around the city. Tossed a 1.5lb ankle weight on the steering wheel during highway stints, steering on normal setting (I normally use comfort) and it was just about perfect. Averaged 15.8 overall. I had the measurements screen up for the majority of the time and was usually around 0psi or just below until going up any type of grade or facing any wind and then spool spool we go. The first tank there was 92 ran down until about 130 to empty, filled up with 93, then nearly home, we stopped and they only had 91 ethanol free or 87, so I went with the 91.

1680053599827.png

Overall, it's very reminiscent of my Gen1's I've had. The 37s on normal mode ride amazingly, it has enough power to get us where we want to go or around anything we need to get around, and it never feels stuck in its own way. The valet guys loved it too. My wife said that her Lincoln Aviator GT hopefully will ride as nice or better and be as comfortable. Time shall tell - it'll hopefully be here in a few weeks.

Chuckaroo91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is a very kind offer. Our daughter and son in law live pretty far from you. They are up in Genesee, Idaho. Previously in Pullman, Wa, Moscow, Id. She left NY and went to school at WSU, U of I, and is now in nursing school in Lewiston, ID.

Interesting. Also a NY native (Westchester County) now residing in Idaho. Good spot to be ;)

562gen3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a 1400 mile round trip from california to utah , will try to chime on in this post after my trip

562gen3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
btw i don't think i'll get 500-600 to a fill up because im on 37 x 13.5 toyo mt's lol