Cancelled my order today....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

jrz5072

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you cancelled your order did you get your deposit back?

I kinda knew the sales guy at the first dealer so I never put down a deposit. I did check with them before the deal was finalized on the truck I bought to be sure it wouldn't be a problem for them. My salesman told me, since the truck hadn't been pulled for production, it was no problem. I would have loved to have bought the truck from them, but I moving to Oklahoma in a few weeks and really wanted the truck to help with the move.

Jobsitefish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you cancelled your order did you get your deposit back? Just curious....last I knew I was number 4 at my dealership, but jobsitefish I know is ahead of me and he ordered 2 months before me and still hasn't heard anything. I may have to shop around, just hate to lose $500 for no reason.

I checked with Ford SVT yesterday and no build date yet. Now I am starting to get a little nervous :yawn:. I also have buyers interested on my current truck but I don't want to sell until I get a sticker, check options and the new truck is officially built.

I know I have to be patient!

I was told they were getting trucks built and delivered in around 2-3 months when I placed my order. I just hit the 3 month mark this week. Even if I get a build date in a week or two, that means no truck until mid June, at least. :drunk:

ktm505sx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got this message from the salesman
May 3 2013

Stefano,

At the moment we don't have a confirmed date of arrival because they haven't assigned a VIN # yet. I am monitoring this very closly, but production is backed up by so many orders. This truck is beconing a very hot & rare comodity.

I'll keep you psoted.

Regards,

Roland

PS: Parts for this truck are independent from the VIN #. You can direct a request for parts quote directly to [email protected] just indicating 2013 Raptor SuperCrew

hamatym

Reaction score
Good Knowledge to know about the demand and how well they are selling....They can only make so many more before they are done in 2014.

I put in a new order for a 13', but then my dealer ended up with delivery on the exact truck after just 6 weeks. Came with a tailgate step when it should not have, lucky me got my exact order but now with a tailgate step at no charge:) Could not image waiting for the ordered one, it has been 3 months and still not at the dealer.

OP
OP
J

jrz5072

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked her up today!!! Sorry it was dark by the time I got home so no pics yet.

Did have one question...the truck has a rough idle vibration when sitting in gear, with ac on. It only occurs when the compressor kicks on you can really feel the vibration. It seems like the more I drive it the less it does it but I just wanted to know if this is normal and if anyone else has experienced this??

Pics tomorrow.

jaevansk

Reaction score
......Because, I bought one off the lot.:rockit::rockit::rockit:

After only 7 weeks of waiting I happened to be searching dealer inventory by my house and found exactly what I wanted on a dealer's lot. Paid a bit more than I would have if I waited for the one I ordered, but I dont freaking care!!!!!!!!!

I am so damn excited right now, I think I'm gonna pop!! I pick her up on Tuesday, so pics to follow!!

Same thing happened to me. Congrats!

nimmer23

Reaction score
I just cancelled my order today. I was 10 weeks in waiting on a VIN and build date, when I found one online in MD with all the same options. Over the phone the dealer wouldn't budge on the price, but once I was onsite I got it for exactly the same $$$ I was paying for the one I ordered! Im stoked!! Let the mods begin.