Can I just say how much I appreciate my Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Win Seeker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dropped my truck off yesterday for the cam phasers recall, an axle seal leak, possibly a TCM tsb, and to get a new key programmed. Got a new Nissan Pathfinder as a rental free of charge to me for 10 days with my ESP. It's not dirty or broken, it's just lame as hell. It has enough room that I could fit all of my kids and still pick up an oversized 40gallon trash can from Lowe's. Sometimes I wonder if I really need a Raptor or if I should just be more sensible and buy something cheaper that's better on gas, especially considering the tough financial times we're in that are likely to worsen.

I just want to say that I truly appreciate my Raptor now more than ever. Driving this Nissan is depressing.

RAPTORZIN

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
similar story re/ cam phaser recall; although rental was a Dodge Charger. 4 days on the repair but it seemed like forever.

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dropped my truck off yesterday for the cam phasers recall, an axle seal leak, possibly a TCM tsb, and to get a new key programmed. Got a new Nissan Pathfinder as a rental free of charge to me for 10 days with my ESP. It's not dirty or broken, it's just lame as hell. It has enough room that I could fit all of my kids and still pick up an oversized 40gallon trash can from Lowe's. Sometimes I wonder if I really need a Raptor or if I should just be more sensible and buy something cheaper that's better on gas, especially considering the tough financial times we're in that are likely to worsen.

I just want to say that I truly appreciate my Raptor now more than ever. Driving this Nissan is depressing.
Totally agree. Any vehicle that isn't special isn't as fun. But..... if you think you need more room and still be "special", I used to have a 2020 Ford Explorer ST and boy, they looked amazing and they pretty quick. It will definitely be my next vehicle. Don't you love your ESP? It is really nice how I can just room into my dealer and know the only thing I'll be paying for is that cool random something from the accessories store.

OP
OP
Win Seeker

Win Seeker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Totally agree. Any vehicle that isn't special isn't as fun. But..... if you think you need more room and still be "special", I used to have a 2020 Ford Explorer ST and boy, they looked amazing and they pretty quick. It will definitely be my next vehicle. Don't you love your ESP? It is really nice how I can just room into my dealer and know the only thing I'll be paying for is that cool random something from the accessories store.
My wife has a 2017 Explorer Sport, and it's FAR funner than this Nissan lol, that's for sure. I opted for a deductible on my ESP though, I'd prefer to keep my truck as far from the stealership as I possibly can, unless absolutely necessary.

deblas

Reaction score
I have been lurking around on this forum until recently, hoping that some day, I'd join the Raptor club. Well, that day will be here this Friday and I'll I'll be picking up my CPO 2019 Raptor. As it relates to the ESP, I'd like to say that due to information found on this forum, I'm saving roughly $2500 on an ESP by buying from Ziegler with even better coverage than what the dealer was trying to push!! The price from Ziegler made it a no brainer choice to have the coverage.
Thank you to those posting your experiences with the Ford Protect program as I am normally a "don't buy extended warranty kinda guy!!".

Gen2Boost

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Same feeling every time my 2019 goes in for service that requires me to leave her. I always select “waiter” when I schedule because it’s just depressing. Not looking forward to Friday… taking her in for 3 TSB’s (torn driver airbag module, transmission reprogram, & IWE grinding), plus replacement of a dead OEM low torn horn. Certain I’ll be driving some front wheel drive clown car for a few days.

OP
OP
Win Seeker

Win Seeker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been lurking around on this forum until recently, hoping that some day, I'd join the Raptor club. Well, that day will be here this Friday and I'll I'll be picking up my CPO 2019 Raptor. As it relates to the ESP, I'd like to say that due to information found on this forum, I'm saving roughly $2500 on an ESP by buying from Ziegler with even better coverage than what the dealer was trying to push!! The price from Ziegler made it a no brainer choice to have the coverage.
Thank you to those posting your experiences with the Ford Protect program as I am normally a "don't buy extended warranty kinda guy!!".
I purchased my ESP from Zeigler as well, can't beat them or Flood Ford. Congrats on joining the club, you won't regret it!

OP
OP
Win Seeker

Win Seeker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same feeling every time my 2019 goes in for service that requires me to leave her. I always select “waiter” when I schedule because it’s just depressing. Not looking forward to Friday… taking her in for 3 TSB’s (torn driver airbag module, transmission reprogram, & IWE grinding), plus replacement of a dead OEM low torn horn. Certain I’ll be driving some front wheel drive clown car for a few days.
Yeah.. I called to set up the rental ahead of time, and the front desk girl made it very clear that I wouldn't be getting a raptor as my rental, which was expected. She clearly has had a few pissed off customers looking for a equal replacement while they're getting service.
What transmission reprogram are you having done? I mentioned TSB 182274 which is a TCM/PCM reprogram to the latest version and they looked at me like I was crazy... I understand it may be an old TSB, but come on.

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife has a 2017 Explorer Sport, and it's FAR funner than this Nissan lol, that's for sure. I opted for a deductible on my ESP though, I'd prefer to keep my truck as far from the stealership as I possibly can, unless absolutely necessary.
Well it sounds like you don't have a GOOD dealer. I have a GOOD dealer and I take mine there. I don't think they are a stealership unless you don't know what your truck needs. If you have the knowledge to say, "No. I don't need that" than dealers are your friend.

OP
OP
Win Seeker

Win Seeker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it sounds like you don't have a GOOD dealer. I have a GOOD dealer and I take mine there. I don't think they are a stealership unless you don't know what your truck needs. If you have the knowledge to say, "No. I don't need that" than dealers are your friend.
Unfortunately a single dealer family owns more than half of the dealerships in colorado springs, and both of the ford dealers here. This is the same dealer that told me my previous F150 was struck by lightning... we hadn't had a thunderstorm all year.