Can I just say how much I appreciate my Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Winchester30

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That’s fantastic. Only thing either dealer down here has ever offered me is a shuttle, destination unknown. Just depends I guess…wife drives a stupid Audi and her dealer will literally give her a loaner if she needs an oil change and has to be at work while it’s done. One of the dealers has Enterprise on site to rent cars but nothing “courtesy”.
ESP extended rental coverage has helped.
I couple times I had to ask for SM by name to get results.
My friend switched from Corvette to Porsche solely because of dealer service, similar treatment.
At the end of the day, you’re just another Ford truck to them.

Gen2Boost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealers website advises that courtesy loaners will be available if the work requires the vehicle to remain overnight…. I printed a list of work requested to hand them tomorrow. Not a betting man but if I had to guess I’d say she’s spending the weekend at the least lol

Attachments

• 82C6D9E0-8A12-4538-AC55-2E96DD3CB1F3.png
    82C6D9E0-8A12-4538-AC55-2E96DD3CB1F3.png
    222 KB · Views: 9

Diablo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Understand the feeling.
I travel (often) for work and EVERY time I get back and get in the Raptor after driving a rental for a week, I REALLY appreciate it. I get to try a variety of stuff, and while getting in a mustang or challenger are ok, the rentals rarely (or never) have enough engine to go along with their "look", IMO.

OP
OP
Win Seeker

Win Seeker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got her back this morning!
Cam phasers noise is gone, got a fresh oil change, axle seal was repaired, and got a new key. 200$ ain't too bad considering I had a rental for 5 days as well. Dealer even paid the first day rental charge for me. This has been one of the best dealer experiences I've ever had.

They weren't capable of doing either of the TCM related TSBS I mentioned and asked me to reschedule a new visit though.
Now I've just got to reset my seat, steering wheel, and mirror to where I like them and she's good as new.

Gen2Boost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got her back this morning!
Cam phasers noise is gone, got a fresh oil change, axle seal was repaired, and got a new key. 200$ ain't too bad considering I had a rental for 5 days as well. Dealer even paid the first day rental charge for me. This has been one of the best dealer experiences I've ever had.

They weren't capable of doing either of the TCM related TSBS I mentioned and asked me to reschedule a new visit though.
Now I've just got to reset my seat, steering wheel, and mirror to where I like them and she's good as new.
You are very lucky my friend. Not a cakewalk by any means on my end. Walked into service for my 7:15am appointment this past Friday with everything in hand and ready for them. By 7:30 am I was in my Gen 2 readjusting the seat and leaving. In a nutshell…
1. Service advisor insisted I give them the info to my third party ESP purchased with the vehicle. I provided them with the info while the advisor grumbled and mumbled the phrase “out of warranty” several times. After I showed them that all of the concerns I had were either covered under powertrain 60k mile warranty or the 60k mile safety restraint warranty, they conceded.
2. I was then told the following: “we won’t even be able to get to your truck for a minimum of two weeks. But you have to leave your truck sitting here [in an imaginary line] and that’s the only way we will address your concerns. And no, we can’t call you in two weeks and tell you to bring your truck in when we are ready for it. And our website is outdated we don’t provide rentals or loaners despite what it says”.

I called Ford afterwards after going to another dealer that told me my concerns wouldn’t be addressed till minimum end of September. Ford told me to try yet another dealer and surprisingly the guy I spoke to was pretty straightforward; he explained that it is often the case that dealerships will push to use third party warranty plans over using the Ford Warranty as it allows them to markup the price of the parts and obtain a higher labor rate.

So now Im not sure what to do. The fact that right off the bat the first dealership was already playing reindeer games makes me hesitant to leave her in their hands, let alone to sit for two weeks for no reason while I come out of pocket for a two week rental.

I can either try another service department down here or bring her in again at 7 tomorrow to a place that has zero fk’s left to give