Can I just say how much I appreciate my Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Win Seeker

Win Seeker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are very lucky my friend. Not a cakewalk by any means on my end. Walked into service for my 7:15am appointment this past Friday with everything in hand and ready for them. By 7:30 am I was in my Gen 2 readjusting the seat and leaving. In a nutshell…
1. Service advisor insisted I give them the info to my third party ESP purchased with the vehicle. I provided them with the info while the advisor grumbled and mumbled the phrase “out of warranty” several times. After I showed them that all of the concerns I had were either covered under powertrain 60k mile warranty or the 60k mile safety restraint warranty, they conceded.
2. I was then told the following: “we won’t even be able to get to your truck for a minimum of two weeks. But you have to leave your truck sitting here [in an imaginary line] and that’s the only way we will address your concerns. And no, we can’t call you in two weeks and tell you to bring your truck in when we are ready for it. And our website is outdated we don’t provide rentals or loaners despite what it says”.

I called Ford afterwards after going to another dealer that told me my concerns wouldn’t be addressed till minimum end of September. Ford told me to try yet another dealer and surprisingly the guy I spoke to was pretty straightforward; he explained that it is often the case that dealerships will push to use third party warranty plans over using the Ford Warranty as it allows them to markup the price of the parts and obtain a higher labor rate.

So now Im not sure what to do. The fact that right off the bat the first dealership was already playing reindeer games makes me hesitant to leave her in their hands, let alone to sit for two weeks for no reason while I come out of pocket for a two week rental.

I can either try another service department down here or bring her in again at 7 tomorrow to a place that has zero fk’s left to give
Man, that blows. I'd try another dealer. A bit of travel time may be worth it for the peace of mind. It may not hurt to drop a google review, if not just to get the word out to anybody else that might end up in your shoes.
The bit about dealers pushing ESP work vs warranty work is entirely true. I know it's a bit too late as well but this is a good point to getting a ford ESP vs an third party, cuz at the end of the day with a ford ESP ford is paying no matter which way they declare the work.
I'd also try and call the dealership and see if I couldn't get in touch with someone in customer relations or upper management (I know, easier said than done). Another thing you could see is if your ESP will cover work at an independent repair shop. May have better luck with someone other than a dealership, if they're even capable is another question though.

Last edited:

Gen2Boost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, that blows. I'd try another dealer. A bit of travel time may be worth it for the peace of mind. It may not hurt to drop a google review, if not just to get the word out to anybody else that might end up in your shoes.
The bit about dealers pushing ESP work vs warranty work is entirely true. I know it's a bit too late as well but this is a good point to getting a ford ESP vs an third party, cuz at the end of the day with a ford ESP ford is paying no matter which way they declare the work.
I'd also try and call the dealership and see if I couldn't get in touch with someone in customer relations or upper management (I know, easier said than done). Another thing you could see is if your ESP will cover work at an independent repair shop. May have better luck with someone other than a dealership, if they're even capable is another question though.
All great suggestions and very much appreciated thank you. Whenever markups diminish and I trade to a Gen 3 I’ll be certain to get the Ford ESP. Until then I’m definitely taking a drive early tomorrow to a dealer a bit further where I used to live but they had always been the ones where my Gen 2 was serviced before the move so I agree… peace of mind is worth it.