Cam Phaser Horror Update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
W

Webb24

Reaction score
Small update: apparently Ford cant make a timing chain and valve cover gasket. My truck has now sit in the dealer parking lot for 7 weeks waiting on those two parts and I have lost all patience I once had. Ford Corp has been of little help. The dealer has no loaners available and Ford Corp will only offer $65 per day for a Ford Truck and the cheapest Ford Truck I could find was $128 per day. I am so pissed. Ford makes over 5,000 vehicles every single day and they cant provide me one to drive? They only want to cover 60% of the repair even though it was a Ford engineering problem from the start? I have lost A LOT of respect for Ford Motor Co. I am not sure what to do at this point. I may just go pick it up and try to trade it at another dealership. I know I wont get what its worth though. This is the most frustrated I have ever been with a vehicle in my life. What a joke of a company.

dsiggi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats crazy, I bet you could get a F150 at Enterprise if you ask nice for the 65 bucks or if you rent anywhere for business and have a relationship. Not ideal, but maybe an option. Id start calling other dealers as well just to double check the concern/backordered parts. I got stuck in a frustrating situation at a dealer where my phasers were done and I eventually went to the GM, was kind but walked through everything I had done and he helped resolve my problem.

Parts may be another story.

OP
OP
W

Webb24

Reaction score
In Tenn, Knoxville
Wow that is way cheaper than what I found on enterprise website. Maybe that is an option. I am just very frustrated and needed to vent. Thank you for taking the time to look that up. I should have went through expedia instead of just going to the enterprise website.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Small update: apparently Ford cant make a timing chain and valve cover gasket. My truck has now sit in the dealer parking lot for 7 weeks waiting on those two parts and I have lost all patience I once had. Ford Corp has been of little help. The dealer has no loaners available and Ford Corp will only offer $65 per day for a Ford Truck and the cheapest Ford Truck I could find was $128 per day. I am so pissed. Ford makes over 5,000 vehicles every single day and they cant provide me one to drive? They only want to cover 60% of the repair even though it was a Ford engineering problem from the start? I have lost A LOT of respect for Ford Motor Co. I am not sure what to do at this point. I may just go pick it up and try to trade it at another dealership. I know I wont get what its worth though. This is the most frustrated I have ever been with a vehicle in my life. What a joke of a company.
Why not just pick it up and drive it ? Is it disassembled?

OP
OP
W

Webb24

Reaction score
Why not just pick it up and drive it ? Is it disassembled?
The dealership has told me that it’s possible the timing chain could stretch or break causing more damage. Also I think one of the vct solenoids are broke or stuck? This causes the truck to act like it wants to die at idle and surge the turbo when giving it a lot of throttle.

I’m not sure how true any of that is, just what I have been told. The truck has not been touched as far as the actual repair goes.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow that is way cheaper than what I found on enterprise website.
When I was in a rental as part of my two-month wait for a transfer case housing, I was told that the rental had to be Enterprise. I didn’t look into it since they had a car that fit in the budget and I was happy to not be walking any more.