Third time cam phaser failure anyone else?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
N

Nerdles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well they broke me. Been just about a month and it’s still in the shop. I went to another dealer and will be picking up a 2023 Azure Gen 3 37pp tomorrow. Maybe now I will get the updated parts and software update. Soon to be a 2017 avalanche with 10 months left on Ford ESP up for sale.

julien194b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That make me think you should write a message in "random picture thread" : How definitely fix gen 2 cam phaser : Buy a gen 3 , radical solution :happy175:

Kurtj29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had my cam phasers done, I had a long conversation with the service manager since it was the end of the day and no one was there. He said that every single 3.5 engine will need the cam phasers replaced. I thought that was interesting. He also said the new parts fix the problem. He stated they have only gotten 1 or 2 trucks back that had the new parts. Now maybe that's because the new parts are new. But I found it interesting. I am hoping this is my one and only trip to get them fixed. BTW, it was pretty painless. Left the truck there on Sunday night. Got it back on Thursday evening. He also said it was now easy to get the parts. They have them in stock.

OP
OP
N

Nerdles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dropped mine off July 5th it’s still there. Right now I’m in my new truck honeymoon stage so I don’t care but I will start getting agitated soon again.