Ca dmv sucks major ball$$$$$$$$$$$

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Baldwin09

FRF Addict
Reaction score
just curious i bought mine out of state as well from Randy (Thank you Randy Still The best customer service ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) I paid a pretty good grip of money as well about 5000 in taxes is CA more than CO or less? i guess I've always thought CA would be more at the dmv and other things

Nv Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s yet another reason why I **** of the Peoples Rebublik of CA. The DMV there is chock full of hard to deal with ********* & you pay a premium for that privilege. If you bring a commercial vehicle in from another state (P/U trucks are considered commercial in CA- even if you don’t haul for use it for business) CA makes you weigh it- even if it’s brand new and the certificate of origin states the weight. You can register your Raptor as a passenger vehicle, but you have to have a shell on it & depending on hard ass the DMV wants to be, you might even have to include a finished carpet kit.

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Every state has its stupid laws. My F350 is a daily driver. Sheriff turned me into the Metro Codes Department for running a "Commercial business" out of my house. Here in TN anything over a 1/2 ton truck is considered commercial. Idiot wasn't smart enough to actually LOOK at my license plate and see that it is registered as private. When we were looking for a house we found and HOA that restricted anything above a 1/2. We received the exemption but ultimately decided that the house wasn't right for us. I swear I am going to switch my residency back to Texas if I get one load of crap of any government entity here.

iceman302

Full Throttle OG
Reaction score
Not only did I have to weigh mine and fork over a ton of taxes/fees, I also had to smog my brand new truck. That was a real PITA since I already had my Volant CAI installed. Most smog shops out here are so **** that they wouldn't even touch the truck. Fortunately, my neighbor around the corner recently opened a smog shop so now I've got it covered.:waytogo:

shelteredraptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i registered mine as suburban no problem , passenger:waytogo: plates.

yup, thats how I did it too, nyscrew was asking about it a while ago and I couldn't say anything cause my dealer friend was gonna hit me with a ball peen hammer...
sorry nyscrew

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not only did I have to weigh mine and fork over a ton of taxes/fees, I also had to smog my brand new truck. That was a real PITA since I already had my Volant CAI installed. Most smog shops out here are so **** that they wouldn't even touch the truck. Fortunately, my neighbor around the corner recently opened a smog shop so now I've got it covered.:waytogo:

I take it you didn't buy local?

hungerforraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not only did I have to weigh mine and fork over a ton of taxes/fees, I also had to smog my brand new truck[/SIZE]. That was a real PITA since I already had my Volant CAI installed. Most smog shops out here are so **** that they wouldn't even touch the truck. Fortunately, my neighbor around the corner recently opened a smog shop so now I've got it covered.:waytogo:

What is smog branding a truck?