Bypass rack - 3.5s or 4.0s???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
On 4.0's I think some people had issues with specific tires rubbing the bypass tubes. Run wheel spacers or get a different wheels with more negative offset to push the wheel a little further out to make sure the tire doesn't rub.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@RLTW how do the 4.0 fit? I was thinking of going that route but ended up deciding to go with 3.5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They fit just barely lol, gotta test lower shock mount location a bit before locking it in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SVT_Aaron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They fit just barely lol, gotta test lower shock mount location a bit before locking it in.

Damn lol I want to see how that turns out, the 4.0 are sick but I was concerned this happening and rubbing

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, definitely have to be precise, at full droop the shock body is not far from the svc bypass rack, and then you need to center properly between where the tire is and where the spring would be at full bump.

SVT_Aaron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jeff talked me into going with the 3.5 so that's what I ended up doing. Also for the reason that you stated above but glad you were able to make it work[emoji1417]

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Jeff talked me into going with the 3.5 so that's what I ended up doing. Also for the reason that you stated above but glad you were able to make it work[emoji1417]

They marketed the kit as being able to accept 4.5s when it was released but I don't see how that would be possible.